Jojo's new home

Barye

Hello again!
According to your advice, I have built an entirely new enclosure for Jojo.
It is built out of aluminum bars, and the mosquito net.
I have disinfected what I could from the old enclosure, and brought an additional two branches.
What do you think about it as it is? I threw out the coconut fiber soil, as I couldn't provide high enough temperature at the bottom for isopods to survive.
What do you think? (the size is 60x60x150cm)
333353783_649209593630815_6439428777565538590_n.jpg

Picture hun? what exactly is it? I have already posted a photo of the enclosure.
Weird.... The picture did not show for me before but it does now.

The cording around the poles will not work for a cham. They can get their nails caught in it. Also you can not sanitize the stuff in the cage to prevent coccidia exposure. So if you move him to this cage you will deal with the same issues with sanitizing.

Once the cham is coccidia free you will want to set it up with real branches and live plants. Plastic is not safe with veiled chameleons. Follow this program to learn exactly how to set up https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Don't live plants catch coccidia at all? The reason behind staying with the fake plants was the fact I wouldn't be possible of sanitize them if something could go wrong.
Generally this setup is easier to deal with coccidia, as there is far less chance I will miss any poop due to having the floor covered with paper tovel.

Last edited:
Don't live plants catch coccidia at all? The reason behind staying with the fake plants was the fact I wouldn't be possible of sanitize them if something could go wrong.
Generally this setup is easier to deal with coccidia, as there is far less chance I will miss any poop due to having the floor covered with paper tovel.
Generally with coccidia we do a totally bare cage... So that no fecal can be missed. We use fake vines like the flukers brand that can be easily wiped off. So that you are able to spot clean everything every day. If a fake plant is used for water catching to drink from it is put higher than the highest branch so fecal can not fall on it.

Newly bought live plant Ficus benjamina is currently on a quarantine, just to be placed in the new cage soon.
I generally had less problems with finding the fecal on the leaves than on the ground, but I guess it may still fall somewhere between the branches which could make it difficult to spot. As goes for the plant used to drink, the dripper just drops the droplets from up to the bottom, But I can just move the dripper somewhere closer to the enclosure wall I guess.

Back
Top Bottom