Jimmy's Finally Home

Sammy Grigio

Avid Member
After much work and careful planning, Jimmy is finally here! I wasn't able to get the best pics yet as he's had a very long and arduous journey from Maryland all the way to Alaska, and thus is really stressed. I didn't want to bother him anymore than he already has been.

A HUGE thank you to Jonathan at iPardalis for this amazing specimen. The pictures really don't do him justice.

Attachments

• IMG_20191210_173020.jpg
    IMG_20191210_173020.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20191210_173009.jpg
    IMG_20191210_173009.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20191210_173006.jpg
    IMG_20191210_173006.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 120
Could the more experienced keepers here give me a rough idea of how long it will take for him to get acclimated to his new home? I filled his feeder container up with an assortment of bugs without actually counting and now realize that I have no way of knowing if he's eaten any of them yet. I worry about the stress effecting his health and food intake. I haven't seen him eat yet. I have seen him drink a little.

I feel like a nervous wreck while I'm at work during the day wondering if he's doing ok or getting to close to the lights and so on. Somebody please comfort me lol!

He will be fine lol! It’s normal for them to take a couple of days to get acclimated. If he drank that’s good. More than likely he is eating when you are gone. Mine was a very very shy eater. Just give them space...as far as the lights go as long as you have the appropriate temps he should be fine. :)

Them clear zip ties wont last long under UVB light. You need to get the outdoor ones with the black carbon. They should be about the same price.

Duly noted. I didn't know that. The zip tie situation is still ever changing as I refine the set up and make changes to the positioning of furniture and accessories. I do in fact have the carbon ties so that won't be a problem. Thank you for the insight!

Back
Top Bottom