Jacksons

Mr Metal13

I'm so happy. After weeks of waiting I am now the proud new owner of a pair of Jackson Chameleons I think they are Beautiful. The males name is Pascal and the female is Persephone(pronounced persefenie) Let me know what you think about them!!

Attachments

• 197.jpg
    197.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 196.JPG
    196.JPG
    240.9 KB · Views: 115
Very nice. Congratulations. Mine like lots of water.They'll color up too once they settle in.

Nice sub adults. Did you get those off Kingsnake? I saw some that were advertised as cb. If so, good score you dont see cb jacksons everyday.;)

Nice sub adults. Did you get those off Kingsnake? I saw some that were advertised as cb. If so, good score you dont see cb jacksons everyday.;)

I actually got them from a reptile shop near where I live on Long Island. Their an unrelated pair and they are first gen cb. Once they hit about 14-15 months in age I'm going to breed them.

Very nice. Congratulations. Mine like lots of water.They'll color up too once they settle in.

So Far I dont have as many plants and branches as I would like so they stay a flat brown or green color. The female Fired up with a little bit of red the other day because its the color of the wall behind the enclosure

So Far I dont have as many plants and branches as I would like so they stay a flat brown or green color. The female Fired up with a little bit of red the other day because its the color of the wall behind the enclosure

Chams dont really change colors with their surroundng like people think. are you sure it was red? i had a jacksons and never saw anything other than green/yellow

Chams dont really change colors with their surroundng like people think. are you sure it was red? i had a jacksons and never saw anything other than green/yellow

I saw it on the female she had all these dark spots on her. They looked red to me but I could have been wrong.

I'm so happy. After weeks of waiting I am now the proud new owner of a pair of Jackson Chameleons I think they are Beautiful. The males name is Pascal and the female is Persephone(pronounced persefenie) Let me know what you think about them!!

love the name persephone, godess of spring and rebrith taken by hades for half the year as his wife and thats when the world becomes bare :) and of course pascal from the movie. lol. they are very cute (mist alot and make shure they are eating tho. they look very stressed)

They can sometimes go through a 'red phase' as the mature. My baby Monty also gets red show on his gular region, but all baby Xanths have that! He mostly stays brown until I take him out of his viv and he goes a lovely bright green, but I also understand that it is normal for Jackson babies to stay brown for a good few months. Mine is 4.5 months old now and I hope he will be turning green very soon!

They can sometimes go through a 'red phase' as the mature. My baby Monty also gets red show on his gular region, but all baby Xanths have that! He mostly stays brown until I take him out of his viv and he goes a lovely bright green, but I also understand that it is normal for Jackson babies to stay brown for a good few months. Mine is 4.5 months old now and I hope he will be turning green very soon!

Mine are almost at the 5 month point but they are only green when they are sleeping. I love them though!

love the name persephone, godess of spring and rebrith taken by hades for half the year as his wife and thats when the world becomes bare :) and of course pascal from the movie. lol. they are very cute (mist alot and make shure they are eating tho. they look very stressed)

They were a little stressed when I took the pictures only because I had just finished setting up their cage and putting them in to their new home.

Very cute! Do they share a cage or have separate ones?

They share a cage and as if yet they don't seem to have any problems with one another. When they do bump into each other they puff up for a second but they always calm down right away. I might separate them later on if they get to big or to aggressive towards one another or if the female gets pregnant.

You should separate them asap. Bumping and puffing are signs of aggression, And is not healthy for either of them. Aside from the stress, early breeding of the female could cause health problems as well. If they are housed together the breeding will almost definitely happen sooner or later.

You should separate them asap. Bumping and puffing are signs of aggression, And is not healthy for either of them. Aside from the stress, early breeding of the female could cause health problems as well. If they are housed together the breeding will almost definitely happen sooner or later.

That's the thing though, they don't not gape or puff up when they cross paths they either sit there and look at each other or they move to opposite branches and keep walking. I'm going to separate them soon.

Back
Top Bottom