Jacksons Wanted: Trioceros jacksonii xantholophus females

robfaus

I am looking for a female (or two) t.j. xantholophus. I've looked online and all I am finding are wc varying in price from $25 to $75. I have a wc male that I picked up at the All Maryland Reptile show in Havre de Grace a year ago and he is doing great, but I got a female at the same time and she died from not acclimating to captivity, starving herself. It is too much of a drive/expense to get a wc that I can have shipped to the house for less so I've decided to buy a couple online. I've never bought a reptile sight unseen and I am worried about getting another that won't acclimate, but I guess with wc it's a gamble. Underground reptile has the best price at $25 for 6" to 11", I called them and was told they are juveniles. Does that sound correct? Also, has anyone gotten any jacksons from them? Fl Chams has the same size for $75, but doesn't say if they wc or captive bred. By getting the cheaper ones from UR I afford to get two hoping atleast one thrives. Lastly, if there are any breeders close to me in the Philadelphia area that would be my preferred option. Thank you in advance for the much needed help! -Rob

From what I herd LLL reptile and FLchams carry the best quality reptiles. Can you tell me general care of your male jackson? Also did you put the female and male in the same enclosure?

Thanks for the replies. I had them in separate exo-terras with plenty of branches and fake plants tied to branches. Misted the cages twice daily and they would also drink directly from sprayer. Fed them a variety of mostly wild caught grasshoppers, field crickets, moths, spiders and anything else I could catch always from pesticide free areas occasionally mealworms and dubias. Have zoo med reptisun 5.0 on top of cages, but didn't turn on too much during warm weather to keep temp under 80F. I would occasionally dust food with herptivite and calcium w/ d3, but as getting wild caught I figured they were mostly complete nutrition. I would gutload w/ apples, oranges, zuchini, green beans and anything that didn't get eaten quickly I put into the freezer to preserve nutrition and thaw in water. What vit/calcium regiment should I use? Just calcium or w d3? I would occasionally put them on window screen to get natural sunlight, but other then that I wouldn't handle them.

I will send a pm to guy in MD and see if he has any available.

Thanks again! - Rob

Back
Top Bottom