jacksons swollen lip

I've been keeping/breeding/hatching chameleons for years and dealt with many wild caughts too and believe me....the usual bacteria (pseudomonas) is very hard to kill off, is found in the environment everywhere and is an opportunist so if even a little bit of it is missed it will re-grow.

So he doesn't like to take his meds.. I usually just rub rexs lip and he will open right up, but Jackson's right side lip is in pain and infected so I cant. So k finally got the pain medicine in, I'm gunna give him the rest of his meds. In half an hour. Any advice on how to get him to open his mouth without using the things behind his neck?

you can try to drip water on his nose, and when he drinks slip it in, or if you can get him to eat a bug, as he chews put it in -

I've been keeping/breeding/hatching chameleons for years and dealt with many wild caughts too and believe me....the usual bacteria (pseudomonas) is very hard to kill off, is found in the environment everywhere and is an opportunist so if even a little bit of it is missed it will re-grow.

Exactly. Just when you find it going down and notice no signs of an infection, keep treating it because it's most likely still there!

Took him back yesterday and she said he looked alot better. Not giving him pain meds any more. :D I'm going be using soft vines for Jackson now because, a wise friend told me that his studies on jam showed that they wipe there mouth/FACE on anything so he could of wiped it on a vine he pooped on. :(

my fav/ vine are the flukers "bend a branch" - they are smooth , and wipe off very nicely - but not so smooth they can not grip them - I had some that looked like they are dipped in "dirt" - but I noticed that the little bits of stuff came off while I was cleaning them , and it did not take much to get it off- so I am replacing them w/ the flukers kind - I pay $12 for a 6 (or 8?-lol) foot vine - I dont know if that is a good cost or not- but there is only one place that has them around here - and used ones make me to nervous- :eek:
glad to hear he is doing better :D

Back
Top Bottom