Jackson's Question

SauceGandhi

Avid Member
It's been a while, since I constantly had to move for school, but I've finally settled down enough where I can have a chameleon again. My preference was a Jackson's chameleon, but my grasshopper breeding raises the ambient temps in the house, which could pose a problem. We've also had these heatwaves in California recently, but I know that people in warmer climates have been able to keep them. I have the thermostat on the A/C currently set to 80. It doesn't need to kick in most of the time, but would I need to lower it anyways? Night time is usually around 70 in the house. Is this too high or do I need to go down to 65 or so?

It's been a while, since I constantly had to move for school, but I've finally settled down enough where I can have a chameleon again. My preference was a Jackson's chameleon, but my grasshopper breeding raises the ambient temps in the house, which could pose a problem. We've also had these heatwaves in California recently, but I know that people in warmer climates have been able to keep them. I have the thermostat on the A/C currently set to 80. It doesn't need to kick in most of the time, but would I need to lower it anyways? Night time is usually around 70 in the house. Is this too high or do I need to go down to 65 or so?
Yes 70° is to high at night. It needs to be about 60°at night. Humidity levels during day around 60/65. At night humidity should fluctuate 85/100℅. But it is important to have a cool night temp. 60°.

I said 60 to 65% humidity during day but in its natural habitat it does drop lower, sometimes to 30% humidity during day.

Yep, A/C runs pretty much 24/7 except when I let the room warm up for an hour or two. The heatwaves have been brutal, but I've managed to get 65F at night--which is hotter than I would like. In nature, their temps range 62 and below with an average in the 50s. For humidity, 30-50% in the day and 75%+ at night.

70 degrees will be too hot.

Sometimes it gets 55 in there natural habitat. But 60/ 65 is comfortable for them. They need the coolnights so they can rejuvenate, get their energy for the day ahead of them. Yes you probably need an AC.

Back
Top Bottom