Jackson's or Veiled

raywells

looking to buy anouther cham what would be recimended a Jackson's or Veiled.im starting a new enclosure should be ready in a month or 2.

Last edited:
Well Jackson's are more difficult to take care of. It depends on how much time you are going to put in on taking care of the lizard. Jackson's are harder to take care of over Veileds. I would say Veileds.

no jacksons!
they arent that bad its just the humidity that is a problem.
if you do enough research then their wont be a problem.
plus they are much cooler.
i own a veiled, because i was told they are way easier,
but i learned that they arent that much easier.
the jacksons will probably be WC from hawaii tho so you should do a fecal.
...unless you know someone who is a breeder of them.
jacksons was my fav. lizard when i was little, so they are uo there with me.
i like the mountain chams most too.
horns and sails. good stuff.
my next cham is going to be something like that....after school. boo.

If you want something ALMOST friendly go for a Jacksons. Meru if you can find one. Little body BIG horns, and cute as a button.

it depends on how much your going to put into the cham. like said before you need a high humidity range and a cooler temp. i think no hotter than 85 degrees farenheit. i liek veields but you never know if your veiled will be nice or mean. luckily mine is nice for now.....

Both are great looking but I'd say go for a veiled (you can get a Jackson's when you set up the next cage). Jackson's are relatively tiny.

I have a jackson. They are not as hard to take care of as people say. You do have to spend a little more time with them but is that not what you are getting it for? i got mine form http://www.mbreptiles.com/index.php he is a wc from H. The price was good to ($35 plus shipping). they are not on the web site you have to call them.:)

A long time ago, when I was 16 and there was no internet and only one book, if you can even call it that, about caring for chameleons I purchased an adult male Jackson's from Hawai'i. I did not find them difficult to care for and had that first male for 3+ years (keep in mind he was full grown when imported.) Years later, when veileds became available for the first time, they were known as being the "bullet-proof chameleon" and never really appealed to me for that reason. If you prefer the look of Jackson's and have done your homework, I say go for it. True cb Jackson's chameleons can live upwards of 7 years also.

29007cjj_male3.jpg

29007cjj_female.jpg

jacksongirls.jpg

seem like most say a veil would be a better choice.will probly go with a veil an the jackson's later on down the road.thanks for the input all.

Back
Top Bottom