Jacksons opening mouth / acting weird

Chameleonbeeb

I've ha my jacksons for three weeks now and today I noticed he keeps moving around frantically and opening his mouth wide for about 20+ seconds and them kind of yawning and doing it again... I know he's not choking an I thought it was maybe the heat but after I turned off his light he did it again and now he probably thinks its night time because I turn off the heat at night but its only 3 pm . I also noticed he's been moving around a lot today oddly like not sure where he's going and doing circles I'm not sure if that's normal

if they are going to shed they will open their mouth to stretch their skin sometimes but not constantly. If he is doing it with the lights out, then he is not overheating. There is a possibility then he could be having trouble breathing and is trying to get air. This can be caused from a respiratory infection.

if they are going to shed they will open their mouth to stretch their skin sometimes but not constantly. If he is doing it with the lights out, then he is not overheating. There is a possibility then he could be having trouble breathing and is trying to get air. This can be caused from a respiratory infection.

Yes exactly.

Mostly it is a shedding thing but they don't do it constantly.

Back
Top Bottom