Jackson's is sluggish, won't open eyes

I am trying to mist it whenever I can, so every hour because if not it goes down every low. I don't own a humidifier but I am considering putting a steamy pot of water near the cage. I have raised the lights so its not about more than foot from the cage, but he is acting the same. I put in crickets, but haven't seen him eat.

i think one of the reasons is his cage the air inside a glas tank is not fresh enough for your jack he needs a lot of clean fresh air , and dont keep him to warm defenatly at night

I was just looking at your pictures again, are you using a analog thermometer? Those are famous for being inaccurate. If it is extremely hot in your cage that would cause it to dry out fast too.

If I were you I would put the heat light on one side of the aquarium to cause a chimney effect hopefully it will help pull out stagnant air and get a digital thermometer to check your temps. In glass a low watt house bulb should give you a sufficient basking spot and keep the cage at a good temp. Jacksons like cooler and humid conditions

Like mentioned before you should get the proper UVB bulb he should be ok without on for a few days.

Update: I got a new mesh for him with proper lighting and etc. I do not have a humidifier, as I had bought a fogger which I don't like. I will mist him often. He is acting more normal now, but I have not seen him eat. I have seen him drink now though. He seems much happier. It is a 24 x 12 x 26.
Edit: Found a humidifier that is supposed to be for people, but I put it by his cage and hope for the best

Back
Top Bottom