Jacksons help

Eqm01

So i have a male jacksons chameleon that I've personally had for about a month. I got him from someone who wasn't taking very good care of him his cage was extremely tiny never cleaned and had nothing for him to climb on. I feel like he's sick as he's been sleeping during the day a lot and never eats. I know its really stressful and bad for them to be force-fed but i did once or twice because he literally won't eat anything. i have in the reptibreeze screen cage that is 16 x 16 x 30 I have a real golden pathos plant in there its not very big at the moment and a lot of fake vines and sticks to climb on i know i need more to give him more hiding. I have a dripper going for him all the time that i have seen him drinking from as well a i mist his cage everyday 5 times a day for about a minute or two a day. His ambient temp. is usually around 73 F with his basking spot around 86 F his humidity usually floats around 60-80% sometimes it does drop below that because its very dry where i live in oregon. I know they require higher humidity then most so if anyone has ideas to help keep humidity in that would be great. His lighting is the zoo med double light combo with a reptisun usb 5.0 and a 25 watt basking light. I have been to as many vets as i can nearby and none have really been able to help me they all have just said he seems stressed let him be and i feel like its something different. His poop unfortunately i don't have a picture or id show but last time i remember it being more watery then any other poop I've seen from other reptiles. Ill attach some photos of Rango and if anyone has any suggestions on how to help him or whats the best next action. Also i should not these past few days he's seemed more lethargic then normal when i touch him usually hell love away or open his eyes now when i touch him he just sits there and keeps his eyes closed. Im assuming he's very sick and needs to get omg antibiotics or will die if anyone has any ideas of good vets around the oregon area i will travel to try to help him thanks for any info! (Also this is the first time I'm posting something so if i posted this in the wrong location i do apologize let me know where to post these things next)

Attachments

• IMG_2566.jpg
    IMG_2566.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_2565.jpg
    IMG_2565.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_2564.jpg
    IMG_2564.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_2563.jpg
    IMG_2563.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 190
Welcome to the forum

You will be told to fill out the form here in the Health Clinic. do that right after lowering his temp to about 72 degrees. Give him lots of water make sure he's drinking. Find a good vet and make an appointment as soon as possible.

Good luck

He does need more places to hide. I know you gave a lot of info already but the help info sheet will help. His basking temp is way too high should be closer to 78 max 82˚F. I'm really interested in your supplement schedule and if he has ever had a fecal

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Attachments

• 1557511395228.gif
    1557511395228.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 156
Back
Top Bottom