jacksons chameleon

bg7mm

we purchased a beautiful pair of jacksons from lllreptile about a month ago. we are housing them together in a 18x18x36 screened zoo med habitat. they get along really nice. hardy eaters and drinkers. pretty much a loving couple laying against each other several times daly. seems against everything im reading here about housing male and females together. the female does her little swaying back and forth dance each time he approaches her but have never seen any aggressive behavior from either one. the male approarches her and lays against her. the female is really fat. almost to appoint we believe she may be gravid. is this normal to have jacksons getting along so well together? also, if the female is carrying should she be house separately? any advise would be greatly appreciated on these love birds. i'm wondering if it's just the honeymoon still in progress?

both are eating about 5 to 8 crickets a day with ocassional dubias for a snack. both drinking lots of water. both received calcium and vitamins two days ago. they are very active thruout their habitat and both are really sweet as far as handling. they also get daly trips outside in direct sunlight for a few minutes each day . they really seem to enjoy these trips outside where they'll lay on their sides in your hand absorbing sunlight with eyes closed like they want to nap in the sun.

No matter how you perceive their interaction you are incorrect. They are causing each other stress and they would do better being housed separately.

The male will cause your female a lot of stress during mating time. I would pull the male out and keep them separated. In the future, if you decide to mate them again. I would put the male in just for mating and then remove him.

Back
Top Bottom