Jacksons chameleon and moss

Phsycoticfly

Hello everyone I just got this little jackson's but I have moss vines in his enclosure he has never shown an interest in eating them but I do also have the black vines as well and was wondering what would work best he currently is being hand fed to go having parasites

DON'T use the exoterra vines!?☠☠
They are known to wear down dropping little black pieces that can get lodged in the eye and cause other issues, better off getting the Flukers foam vines. ?

Attachments

• IMG_20201031_215935448.jpg
    IMG_20201031_215935448.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 67
The best think you could use is sticks from outside because those will mold also I would say you need just a big plant to cover the middle of the enclosure

Yes that bulb was from his old enclosure I am planning on switching it out today but was just curious about the vines
I actually don’t know about moss covered vines. I have heard people argue that they don’t dry out very well, and so there is increased chances of foot problems.

Moss covered vines are a bad idea for chameleons. They tend to stay damp and can lead to foot infections. The black vines have the problems mentioned above. Clean dry sticks from trees without sticky or white sap work well. I prefer oak but any hardwood that doesn't grow nuts is fine and will last. ie: maple, birch, poplar.
I give mine a good soap and water wash and a quick bleaching and a very thorough rinse and let dry completely. The beauty of natural branches is that they are a variety of diameters so they don't spend all of their time with their weight on the same part of their foot and that can lead to bumble foot.
our cage could use a few other upgrades that were mentioned as well. You might want to get a husbandry review.

Moss covered vines are a bad idea for chameleons. They tend to stay damp and can lead to foot infections. The black vines have the problems mentioned above. Clean dry sticks from trees without sticky or white sap work well. I prefer oak but any hardwood that doesn't grow nuts is fine and will last. ie: maple, birch, poplar.
I give mine a good soap and water wash and a quick bleaching and a very thorough rinse and let dry completely. The beauty of natural branches is that they are a variety of diameters so they don't spend all of their time with their weight on the same part of their foot and that can lead to bumble foot.
our cage could use a few other upgrades that were mentioned as well. You might want to get a husbandry review.
Yes I still have alot more I am currently wanting to do to it I was planning on getting a new tree and some sticks or bamboo sticks to put in there for him but as of last night this is how I had set it up I will do another post with the changes later thank you

Also you seem pretty knowledge able would a t5 or t8 be better for the size of his enclosure

I prefer T5 lighting. It is the closest affordable option to natural UVB currently available. It allows you to use lower amounts of supplement and reduce the risk of over dosing.

Back
Top Bottom