Jackson VS Meller's

ronstafari

So I didn't know that i was gonna that this was so addicting. Initially we only wanted 2 chams. But we have four and the wife wants to get some more. She wants a Pair of Jacksons but, I'm leaning towards a Mellers. The size of those guys are ridiculous. Anyone out there with experience with either one of these. Any advice on which to get would be greatly appreciated

Depends on if you've got the space fur s huge cage and able to have water sessions up to 20 minutes long at a time?

a tip 4 is more than enough.

anyway melleri need lots of space, they do best in free range enclosure and need much more food 8-12 grass hoper, but they can handle warmer temperatures.

As has been said, they do need much more space and free range is better. And yes, long misting sessions. I would say 20 minutes is barely a start - mine get an hour in the morning, sometimes longer.

Melleri are nearly always wild caught so you will have to take that into consideration as well and understand how to acclimate.

I often hear melleri described as more sensitive, easy to stress and difficult but mine are delightful. Easy and friendly and seem to enjoy people as they will walk right up to anyone hoping for a snack ... they have much more personality than Jackson's I have found.

As has been said, they do need much more space and free range is better. And yes, long misting sessions. I would say 20 minutes is barely a start - mine get an hour in the morning, sometimes longer.

Melleri are nearly always wild caught so you will have to take that into consideration as well and understand how to acclimate.

I often hear melleri described as more sensitive, easy to stress and difficult but mine are delightful. Easy and friendly and seem to enjoy people as they will walk right up to anyone hoping for a snack ... they have much more personality than Jackson's I have found.

Thanks for all the advice. As far as room i have plenty of it. My back patio is completely enclosed and lined with misters. ( I got lucky it was here when i bought the house, and it works). I didn't know about the long mistings, but did know about most of them being wild caught. i also have two bedrooms that we don't use. All our chams cages are in the office or my oldest daughters room. The two veileds are hers. I'm just trying to gain as much knowledge about these guys as I can.

Back
Top Bottom