Jackson swollen eyes... Please help!

Kito

I notice this morning my 5month old Jax have much bigger eyes that last night. I called all emergency vets in my area but not even one takes chameleons. Please could You share Your experiences to help me hold on till Monday! Thank You everyone...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 189
Chameleons have very strange eye cleaning rituals. Almost freaky! I would imagine its one of two things. Either he has some debris in his eyes and he is working on clearing said debris or he may have an infection(like a sinus infection) that has caused issues with the eyes. I would try showering him tomorrow and see if the humidity and water help to remove what ever is causing him grief. Hopefully it is that and not an infection. If after a couple days this issue hasn't resolved itself, a vet visit will be in order.

Chameleons have very strange eye cleaning rituals. Almost freaky! I would imagine its one of two things. Either he has some debris in his eyes and he is working on clearing said debris or he may have an infection(like a sinus infection) that has caused issues with the eyes. I would try showering him tomorrow and see if the humidity and water help to remove what ever is causing him grief. Hopefully it is that and not an infection. If after a couple days this issue hasn't resolved itself, a vet visit will be in order.
I was thinking the same, but wasn't sure if I should say. When I have noticed this behavior it's only been with one eye, and it didn't last too long. The first time I seen it though it freaked me out that I remember. Hopefully you're right and that is all it is, and not an infection.

Thank You!
Thank You!!! I will definitely do that and hopefully that will be it. Already have a visit schedule for Monday just to make sure. Just don't want him to be in pain by than.

Back
Top Bottom