Jackson Chameleons??

Yes. The care is significantly different from what I have been reading. Much different as far as supplementing is concerned. I will leave more specifics to members with more experience. In the meantime, use the search function on the Forums and search "Jackson care" I am sure a ton of threads will come up. :)

Yes.
Jax like alot more water, lower temps, less food, and alot less supplements.
THey yawn, which other chams dont (unless breaking a shed on the face).
they are easily over supplemented.

very different from a panther and veiled.

Yes the care for a Jackson differs. Jackson will require lower temps than many other cams. My male Jackson is not able to tolerate any temp above 78-79 without heat stress setting in very quickly. They require more higher humidity levels and have been known to be more sensitive to stress, thus less hardy. The glass/mesh vivarium’s that many people are using now are not a good idea with a Jackson, they keep in too much heat and do not provide enough air flow (in my experience). I would highly recommend doing as much research as you can on Jackson’s specifically and just ensure you have everything set up and running before acquiring one, this will help reduce the risk of disaster!! I LOVE Jackson’s, they are so prehistoric looking  but they are more work than many people like, but then so are all Chams 

Back
Top Bottom