jackson chameleons

I'm worried that you will stress her out too much....but then I also wonder why it's only been two months since she had the baby you have from her. @JacksJill ?

I hope either @JacksJill or @Kaizen can answer your questions about the supplements.
So calcium with no d3 is a great supplement, but your uvb must be on point. Do you have a solar meter? @JacksJill will probably have an on-point supplement regime. I don’t use any d3 with any of my chams, nor do I use preformed vitamin A, so my supplement regime might be less than ideal, if you’re not constantly monitoring your chams, and taking an obsessive approach to insect nutrition.

the babies light is 60 w and the adults light is 100 w the temp is around 70-80 degrees where she usually stays

Gestation in a first breeding maybe 6-9 months but they can have several clutches from a single breeding and those may only be 3-4 months apart but usually more like 3 months apart. The more you feed her the bigger the clutches she will have.
There are several popular supplement schedules. This is the one I use Calcium with NO D3 Monday ,Wednesday, Friday every week very lightly. For adults and older juveniles I substitute a very light dose of Repashy Calcium Plus LoD on about half of their feeders two of the Mondays of the month. For babies under 6 months I only substitute one Monday a month with the LoD. I have T5 HO lights or the equivalent on all my cages and this combo seems to work well for my setup.
The reason I only do half the feeders is to limit the dose I do not give calcium that day.

Thank you! that's very helpful, i got the baby crickets because i think the roaches were too hard to chew for him, and im gut loading with sweet potato now

I got her an automatic humidifier and added a lot more branches she seems to be much more active! (( she was chewing in that photo that's why her mouth looks so weird lol))
B598BCE0-27F4-4822-8643-E117E72BA841.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom