Jackson chameleon problem

Bhan

I don't know what's wrong with my Jackson chameleon's back and tail. He seems to be acting the same there is no change in his behavior but his back (where is spine and spikes are) is black in color. It continues down his tail a little as will and is black and white. Can someone please help me and get me some advice. Thank you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 147
Hey,

Welcome to the Forum.

Your Jackson looks amazing!
From the picture it looks like an area that's been burned.

For me it looks like burn. Maybe your cham have touched the bulb or something, check it better and put something on your bulb to prevent him from coming too close.

I'd guess this is a thermal burn. A very common place for it to happen. First, check the temp right at his basking spot carefully and move the light farther away from the top of the cage. Next, coat the burned area with (ideally) Silvadene from your vet. It is very effective for burns as it prevents secondary infections and promotes healing. It was originally developed to treat military staff burns. If you can't get that, use some OTC Polysporin without pain reliever ingredients. As this heals you may see some tissue and spine loss. That can't be prevented but depends on how deep the burn damage goes.

Back
Top Bottom