Jackson Chameleon head movements

Boricua

I have a Jackson’s Chameleon who makes a continuous strange head movement. I know they move their heads to show dominance or to protect their territory but this time it seems a little weird. My chameleon is a male, about 9 months old, has a 48”x30” vivarium (made of both glass and perforated aluminum), has its UVA and heating lights for 12 and 8 hrs respectively. The vivarium’s humidity levels and temperature are within acceptable levels and he gets water from automated misting sessions and a dripper. His diet consists of dubia roaches, crickets, hornworms, phoenix worms, superworms, and butter worms. Any advice from those who have seen this behavior before is much appreciated. Thanks

Lol its a sign for it wanting to mate i think. The only reason that i think this would be because my make did this when it was about to breed with my female.

Is the glass reflecting at all or is there a mirror in the room? Ours does this at the slightest second walking by the closet door mirrors/if it's shadey and one of the patios sliders makes a shadowy competitive reflection. I know they can do it if upset as well, but I only have seen ours do it if I've forgotten a reflective surface.

The glass doors of his vivarium don’t cause a reflection but now I remembered that the mirror closet doors in the room he is at do cause a reflection. Although he is quite separated from them. So maybe that’s the problem. I’ll find a way to fix that. Thanks a lot

Back
Top Bottom