jackson chameleon free range idea?

ilovelizards

an I free range a male jacksons chameleon in a room thats 13 long 10 wide and 9 tall? If I added llots of vines and some mid leavle potted plants & large branchs what are the chances he would come down to ground level? & the room gets sunlight at verying levels though pet screen so it reptile safe.The room was made for reptiles.

an I free range a male jacksons chameleon in a room thats 13 long 10 wide and 9 tall? If I added llots of vines and some mid leavle potted plants & large branchs what are the chances he would come down to ground level? & the room gets sunlight at verying levels though pet screen so it reptile safe.The room was made for reptiles.

they will always come down to ground level to check things out, but usually return to their favorite "spot" in the trees or vines (i used to free range a set of jacksons and they loved it)

well would they still come down if there was "danger" on the ground?
it would get the mid and top level of the enclouser shared by a tegu&turtle full time.

well would they still come down if there was "danger" on the ground?
it would get the mid and top level of the enclouser shared by a tegu&turtle full time.

That may keep them away.
I would use a few cats, or a moat of piranha, or lava.

They will wander no matter what.
I dont know much about tegus, but they cant be housed with other animals. I would think especially not a tegu. The tortoise may go unoticed.
They need to be contained, whether its a screen cage, or a close room.

I have cats in the house so I have a baby gate closing off my upstairs and keep my door shut.. just t make sure my baby veiled is safe and not frightened. God only know if a FR is safe for her in my case.

Back
Top Bottom