Jackson’s age

Chammy007

Established Member
Hello, not sure if this is the right forum. How do you determine the age of a Jackson’s.thanks

Determining age is difficult because we most often rely on characteristics that are influenced by an individual chameleon's metabolism, cage temperature, genetics, stress, etc.

With that said, we would be more than happy to estimate the age of a jackson's chameleon, all you have to do is send a pic.

Once a chameleon is fully matured, about the 12 month mark, we can only accurately state that the chameleon is fully mature. The cham could be one+ years old.

Jackson's that are under a year old are easier to estimate age as we can generalize characteristics (which, again, are very variable due to metabolism, cage temperature, genetics, stress, etc.). This means that size is not an accurate determinant since an individual could be malnourished. But, if you get an individual from a reputable breeder, these gross generalizations can be pretty accurate.

So usually we give an estimated age if the cham is younger than 1 year old. A super young jackson's chameleon will have brown coloration and small horns. Once they get around 4-5 months for males (and a couple more months for females), they will start to turn green in color.

If you want us to estimate the age of a jackson's chameleon, post a picture on here. We would be more than happy to help you out!

Hello, here’s a pic of Remmy. thanks much

9AA91EC3-BB9C-47AA-8368-684FB4EFA408.jpeg

I’m so sorry. I didn’t realize I already asked his age in another thread. He’s under a year according to the responses I’ve received. Any updates on an estimation of his age.thanks

Just a general husbandry comment here, but his feeding bowl needs to be in the upper third portion of his cage. What feeders do you put in there?

Back
Top Bottom