J. Xantholophus not drinking?

Tihshho

Established Member
For the past few weeks I've never noticed my male Jackson's isn't drinking when I'm misting his enclosure. The female on the other hand does drink after a misting. Both of them don't seem to be fans of being directly misted, so I try to spray down the enclosure enough as to not get them wet.

With all of that said though, I have seen feces and nothing is showing signs of dehydration. He eats like a pig and his colors are bright unless he's physically disturbed. Thoughts?

Depending on humidity at night and diet he may not need to drink all that much or could simply wait until your gone to drink.

Do they share a viv?

Our resident Jacksosns goddess, @JacksJill, would be better prepared to answer this than I.

No dripper, just multiple mistings (currently manual) until I move over to other enclosures that I'm saving my MistKing for.

Right now the droplets are all over a fake plant, on the screen, on the real plants and fake vines. I spray just enough to have the droplets from the fake vines trickle down to the real plants. A few of the real plants collect water on the leaves that don't wick off fast.

Sometimes dripping water attracts them when water just sitting on leaves doesn't. IMHO it's worth a try.

Issue with a dripper are two fold right now.

1) limited space on the top of the enclosures with double domes, t5 uvb and LED lighting for plants

2) the current enclosures do not have a drain system, so a half gallon dripper per enclosure is going to leave a puddle on the floor.

Maybe you could put a plant in the tub/shower...put the chameleon on it and hang a deli cup with a small hole in the bottom of it so it drips at the rate of one or two drips a second above the plant?

Hrm, not a bad idea. I've got a guest bathroom next to where the Chams are... Now to just be able to suspend some lights without creating a hazard and the misses not committing me.

Bathroom tends to be cold, especially with all the tile. Figured a few hours of semi free range + dripper + heat would be a nice putting for him.

Back
Top Bottom