Ivy plant

Anisa.corp

Established Member
I just bought a english ivy plant for my chameleon and I wasnt 100% sure if it is safe for chameleons so I was wondering if anyone knows if this is a safe plant for chameleons or not

I have heard they are poisonous but not 100% sure. I do know you can use devils ivy tho (which is a pothos plant). They seem to really love those and Id highly recommend that. I also have umbrella plants that are great.

I would avoid ivy in general.

Hedera helix is known to produce irritating sap, as well as possibly causing neurological and/or gastrointestinal issues if consumed. Even if it's not eaten directly by the reptile, I've heard stories of feeders eating ivy and then poisoning the animal when eaten. These are largely anecdotal accounts, but it's not something I'm comfortable risking... and I'm the crazy person that uses all sorts of untested plants!

I would avoid ivy in general.

Hedera helix is known to produce irritating sap, as well as possibly causing neurological and/or gastrointestinal issues if consumed. Even if it's not eaten directly by the reptile, I've heard stories of feeders eating ivy and then poisoning the animal when eaten. These are largely anecdotal accounts, but it's not something I'm comfortable risking... and I'm the crazy person that uses all sorts of untested plants!

I was reading that some people even have reactions to touching it. Can cause determitis/blistering. I guess similar to a poison ivy rash outbreak?

Yeah I'm very lenient with my plant use as well, but this may be one best avoided.

I was reading that some people even have reactions to touching it. Can cause determitis/blistering. I guess similar to a poison ivy rash outbreak?

Yeah I'm very lenient with my plant use as well, but this may be one best avoided.
Yeah I'm one of those people that react to ivy it gives me itchy pink skin nit a good look

Back
Top Bottom