Ivy. Hedera Helix

Rezzy22

so I've got 2 new baby plants. Both are "Hedera Helix" one says ivy and the other says Silver Bells. I've seen multiple posts on here half day they are okay to use the other half so no. My chameleon already has plants in there and he doesn't eat them ever so what do you guys think. Yes or no?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 385
I'd say they are safe, I've put them in my Veilds & Panthers cages with no problems
Good luck
so I've got 2 new baby plants. Both are "Hedera Helix" one says ivy and the other says Silver Bells. I've seen multiple posts on here half day they are okay to use the other half so no. My chameleon already has plants in there and he doesn't eat them ever so what do you guys think. Yes or no?

i dont have any experience with this kind of ivy, but i do think most hederas are poisonous. is it on the safe plant list?

I had looked in to ivy because it's an easy plant but I found some sites saying it's poisonous so I did not put it in the enclosure of my chams even tho it's unlikely that they will eat from it...

It's toxic in that it has caused stomach upsets and the berries are the most toxic, I believe. Relative to chameleons, it's perfectly safe. It is very prone to spider mite and enjoys a fair amount of light. The name Silver Bells is simply a hybrid/cultivar name for the variegated form of Hedera helix; otherwise it's no different from other Hedera.

Back
Top Bottom