I've gotten lazy!!

Tifanydalpont

I've had jack about 1 1/2 years now...i gotten really lazy with him...i check on him every day....right now i buy enought silkworms and horned worms for 2 weeks the switch to crickets and supers for the next 2 weeks... when feeding the silks and horned i dont dust with nuts...but i do when feeding the crickets and supers is this ok....he has no problems.but i feel i was more on top of it when i first got him:confused:

I've had jack about 1 1/2 years now...i gotten really lazy with him...i check on him every day....right now i buy enought silkworms and horned worms for 2 weeks the switch to crickets and supers for the next 2 weeks... when feeding the silks and horned i dont dust with nuts...but i do when feeding the crickets and supers is this ok....he has no problems.but i feel i was more on top of it when i first got him:confused:

Why arent you dusting with a supplement? And he really should eat a mixture of those bugs, not 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off.

Probably because most people don't dust their hornworms or silks id imagine that is why. Honestly some people just feed crickets only and raise perfectly healthy chameleon. So with your semi diversity I think that is well. Just make sure you give less hormworms and supers. Im guilty of giving them more then I should when they are around. Its just easier to feed supers and hornworms. So I guess I'm lazy too. :D
I actually like it setup like you are giving silks as staple and horns as treats. then crickets as staple and supers as treats. seems pretty good.

I dont see a problem. Silkworms are low in fat, even lower than crickets, but high in calcium and protein, with some phosphorus. You can feed with out supplementing, ( may require gutloading) but its tricky. In the wild their insects aren't covered in a nice layer of calcium, D3. supplementing is just a better way of knowing they are getting it.

Why arent you dusting with a supplement? And he really should eat a mixture of those bugs, not 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off.

i have to agree, its weird for those worms for 2 weeks straight WITHOUT and crickets, she should always have crickets availible, everyday she should eat some

i have to agree, its weird for those worms for 2 weeks straight WITHOUT and crickets, she should always have crickets availible, everyday she should eat some

Why? Crickets are not a mandatory diet. They are pretty poor feeder but well gut loaded and easily supplemented is a major benefit from them.

silks are my staple i give cricket and super for ruffage for his poop....i was feeding him just silks but it made his poop runny...i shouldnt have to dust the silks cuz they have high nuti

Back
Top Bottom