I've got Alfalfa!

Kate

Established Member
After being in a discussion recently on here about purchasing Alfalfa to make up my own gut load I decided to do some research. Having previously bought it from health food shops at health food shop prices I decided to buy some pellets for feeding horses. I thought I had bought a small quantity:eek: OMG its just arrived. I couldn't lift it:D I think I need a cupful as part of the recipe . Anyone living or visiting Aberdeen please pm me.LOL

After being in a discussion recently on here about purchasing Alfalfa to make up my own gut load I decided to do some research. Having previously bought it from health food shops at health food shop prices I decided to buy some pellets for feeding horses. I thought I had bought a small quantity:eek: OMG its just arrived. I couldn't lift it:D I think I need a cupful as part of the recipe . Anyone living or visiting Aberdeen please pm me.LOL

Should only be a 50lbs bag :D

well done

Should only be a 50lbs bag :D

well done

50 lb. or whatever, it seems like there will be plenty for at least a little while. :)

So drcrossfire, I see you're from Woodstock. I grew up in Waukegan. We would go to Woodstock during the summer and rent horses by the hour. The hands there would saddle up the horse, and we would get the standard "warning" yelled to us as we were riding away. Don't let them drink water from the lake, and never gt off the horse and let go of the reins. We found out why after one of the horses, despite much arguing and tugging on the reins trying to keep that horse out of the lake, when she dropped down on her knees and drank, and drank, and drank, and drank. She got so full she couldn't move. On the other thing, my friend Jim got off his mount to find along straight twig to use as a whip. As soon as he let those reins go to break off the twig, his horse shot off and made a bee line straight back to he barn. The hands figured they better ride out and find Jim, who was sitting in the shade very close to crying. His hour was up and he had only gotten to ride to the tree where the twig came from, all the way across the entire property.

Sorry if this bored you, but it's where my thoughts go whenn ever I see Woodstock, Illinois mentioned. Cheers!

So drcrossfire, I see you're from Woodstock. I grew up in Waukegan. We would go to Woodstock during the summer and rent horses by the hour. The hands there would saddle up the horse, and we would get the standard "warning" yelled to us as we were riding away. Don't let them drink water from the lake, and never gt off the horse and let go of the reins. We found out why after one of the horses, despite much arguing and tugging on the reins trying to keep that horse out of the lake, when she dropped down on her knees and drank, and drank, and drank, and drank. She got so full she couldn't move. On the other thing, my friend Jim got off his mount to find along straight twig to use as a whip. As soon as he let those reins go to break off the twig, his horse shot off and made a bee line straight back to he barn. The hands figured they better ride out and find Jim, who was sitting in the shade very close to crying. His hour was up and he had only gotten to ride to the tree where the twig came from, all the way across the entire property.

Sorry if this bored you, but it's where my thoughts go whenn ever I see Woodstock, Illinois mentioned. Cheers!

Lol... excellent story... only slightly off topic :D

I also bought some alfalfa to add to the bug chow that I make. Mine came in pellet form and they were hard as a rock! I have a pretty heavy duty blender that I grind everything up in and you talk about a dust storm when I take the lid off lol:D I could never get it ground up as fine as I like but it is a nice addition to the chow for sure

I also bought some alfalfa to add to the bug chow that I make. Mine came in pellet form and they were hard as a rock! I have a pretty heavy duty blender that I grind everything up in and you talk about a dust storm when I take the lid off lol:D I could never get it ground up as fine as I like but it is a nice addition to the chow for sure

Thanks for the warning.:D

Back
Top Bottom