it's Laurie day...

warpdrive

Avid Member
Hi everyone,

I know I haven't been around much. My life has been hard as of late.
But my little girl has finally grown all up. She changed some time ago. She wanted in Splat's cage when she used to hate him. Then once in, she refused to come out...for 4 days.
I never saw them do it. I never saw any aggression. I always saw them chilling out together. Basking and feeding was never an issue. Once her receptive colors were no longer showing and her gravid colors were starting she was removed against her will.

Her personality now changed completely. She was always hungry. Never stayed anyplace long enough. Always wanted out of her cage. Once I left her door open she climbed down and went looking for something. The next day she left her free range and I lost her for an hour...I used to leave her in the free range when I would goto work for 12 hours and would find her in the same spot.

One day I noticed her face all bruised up. The next I caught her digging in her flower pot.
I may have removed her a day or two too soon, but I added her to a huge garbage bin that I just watered and tilled the soil.

Well after 4 days she finally laid last night. She fooled me as to what hole she laid in. But I found 18 eggs today in the next hole.

Afte a shower with me and getting cleaned off of all the mud on her face and hands she went back into her cage and ate plenty,
She is doing quite well. She looks strong and healthy like nothing happend.

18 huge eggs folks. I'm so pleased. Let's hope they are fertile.
My adventure continues.

Harry

:D Awwww, Harry! I am so pleased she laid ok! You must be so excited! Splat and Laurie babies will be so beautiful!! I find laying time so stressful, so I feel your pain! Now I can't wait til you post pics of the hatchlings!:D

:D Awwww, Harry! I am so pleased she laid ok! You must be so excited! Splat and Laurie babies will be so beautiful!! I find laying time so stressful, so I feel your pain! Now I can't wait til you post pics of the hatchlings!:D

And you don't have too long of a wait on the eggs. Til they begin hatching

And you don't have too long of a wait on the eggs. Til they begin hatching

You mean I don't have long to wait till I know if they are fertile.
Dude, let's face it. It will seem like forever if they will hatch. I already got 30 more gray hairs since I put her in the laying bin.

Harry

You mean I don't have long to wait till I know if they are fertile.
Dude, let's face it. It will seem like forever if they will hatch. I already got 30 more gray hairs since I put her in the laying bin.

Harry

If they are fertile, I think I heard they can hatch in 3 months time. Or I might just be way tired and mixing facts up.

I am going to be a grandmother

Oh Harry, my baby namesake is going to be a Momma!!!!! I know how worried you have been. I agree with Tiff that babies from laurie & Splat will be beautiful, I can't wait to see then. Let us know how the eggs are developing.

Yes Laurie, you have a chance to be a grandmother.
While it is still too soon to tell, the eggs are still good with no mold or any problems so far.

Tiff, yes, the future babies should be outstanding. After all, they are from famous stock and have been well cared for by me for a long time. If your wondering, Splat comes from Liddy at Kammerflage Kreations, and Laurie is a Zippy baby that is now owned by Sandy & Elliot at Chameleons Northwest.

While many of the future babies are already spoken for, I should have a limited amout to share with any forum members that may want such wonderful pets.

Harry

Harry with the title of your post most people aren't looking at it because they think you mean me, not your Laurie.:(

Back
Top Bottom