It's ambilobe or...

FoX27

Hello everyone, can you please help me determine which local is this panther chameleon? Maybe stupid question, but I'm not sure and if I want to trade him, I don't wanna make a bad name. I bought his as an ambilobe, but my friend has ambilobe panther chameleon and he looks too much different like mine.

Here are the pictures (click on the thumbnail to see full size):
This first picture is from today:

This second is taken about month ago:

And this should be his father:

If is any chance to determine this chameleon even now, please help me.

Sorry for my english.:)

Thank you for the quick answer, I think also, that this is Sambava, but I wasn't sure, because he is young and not fully colored.

I would talk to the seller if you are having problems with that.

The father looks sambava to me, but the way he looks right now are also ambilobe colors, though he does have that u/v barring. What does he look like fired up?

Its 100% ambilobe, I have a large wc male BB ambilobe that is green and blue bar at rest, but yellow and red when fired up or sleeping. There is no doubt this is an ambilobe. Also the male in my avatar is from CCompany, he too fires up yellow and red bar.

Its 100% ambilobe, I have a large wc male BB ambilobe that is green and blue bar at rest, but yellow and red when fired up or sleeping. There is no doubt this is an ambilobe. Also the male in my avatar is from CCompany, he too fires up yellow and red bar.

But does yours fire up like the sire of his male? Because then maybe yours is also sambava :p I mean you said its WC

But does yours fire up like the sire of his male? Because then maybe yours is also sambava :p I mean you said its WC

If you would pay attention to what was mentioned above. I stated a Captive born and WC - 100% ambilobe shipment both fire up like the sire. Both the sire and the cham pictured are ambilobe.

Pay attention to what exactly? I read what you said quite fine. Unless you werent paying attention to what I said?

I dont know man I have seen no ambilobes ever look like that. . . not one.
Ambilobes normaly have red coming from their underside with yellow and bright green.
I am no expert with panthers other than ambanjas but I have seen my fair deal of panther chameleons on american sites so I know quite a bit. I mean I should after 5 years of this.

I refuse to argue with you online. You are pretty much discrediting the Chameleon Company and WC Ambilobes from Madagascar. WC male sleeping color pictured below.

Attachments

• ambilobe.jpg
    ambilobe.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 128
I thought you said those were sambavas and maorantsetras (did I spell that right?) when you were selling them?

There is quite a lot of variation in ambilobe panthers, possibly more than any other local. They will not all look the same.

I do not know what the OPs male is, the only way to know for sure is if you went and picked it off a bush in Maddy.

But I will say this certainly is not the first time I have seen a chameleon with that colouration called ambilobe, and it wouldnt suprise me if it is ambilobe, despite looking not much like my ambilobe

prob just an ambilobe with a little more growing up to do. father looks ambilobe and has the 'v', no 'u' (which rules out sambava), id expect the 'v' to fill out in your cham eventually. but lets see if anyone else has a different opinion.

Not all sambavas have U bars by the way. Some have Y's, some have V's some even have W's.

Ok I am now really confused. Are you talking about the barrs making a u or v? I am new to all this and if it was a u what would it be?

I refuse to argue with you online. You are pretty much discrediting the Chameleon Company and WC Ambilobes from Madagascar. WC male sleeping color pictured below.

No one even knew it was from Chameleon Company until you said this.

Ok I am now really confused. Are you talking about the barrs making a u or v? I am new to all this and if it was a u what would it be?

The pattern of the bars on the chameleon sometimes look like the letter V or the letter U. This is often helpful, in that sambava often (not always) have a U not a V looking pattern.

I thought you said those were sambavas and maorantsetras (did I spell that right?) when you were selling them?

Edited to just display - This is from a diffrent shipment.

Sandra - No one even knew it was from Chameleon Company until you said this.

If you read the post before that one I worded it "CCompany", i guess I assumed you might put 2 and 2 2gether.

From my own personal experience I say it's an Ambilobe.

The pictures below tells the whole story! You would've of never thought that all those colors / phases came from one chameleon!

full

full

full

full

My chameleon came from a well respected stud and breeder (Yoda / Chameleon Kingdom *note: John & Cyndi before Nic took over). They kept well detailed information on their breeding. Yoda + Princess Leia = Obe1 (my chameleon). Yoda came from the Kammers. Princess Leia came from Screamleons. So definitely my little guy is an Ambilobe! If you guys are going off on color alone... some would guess purple bar Ambanja... or sambava... etc... with my chameleon?!?!?

My album

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom