Itching eye

Jocccellynnn

Established Member
Ok so my Cham was itching her eye on leaves in her cage earlier. I was watching her for a while after and haven’t seen her do it for a few hours so it might be nothing. She has not itched it again since around 10 am. But i was super worried when I saw her itching because I know that eye infections are common. Should I take her to the vet anyway? Her eyes don’t look swollen or discolored or sunken and she is very healthy from what I can tell.

Attachments

• 786554B6-479B-4E6C-B57C-52760F3F640D.jpeg
    786554B6-479B-4E6C-B57C-52760F3F640D.jpeg
    189.4 KB · Views: 72
  • D0175AC2-20A6-4561-8010-123CC50AFEA8.jpeg
    D0175AC2-20A6-4561-8010-123CC50AFEA8.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 69
She may be starting to shed, but if that is moss that will need to be taken out. She could eat it and become impacted.

She may be starting to shed, but if that is moss that will need to be taken out. She could eat it and become impacted.
It’s a mossbranch, every one has told me to take it out. I have had it her cage since it got her and it’s actually her favorite place to hangout, she has never tried eating it. She only eats live things, if it were to become a problem In the future I would remove it but I keep a close eye on her and it is not posing a problem at this point in time. She doesn’t have any other moss in her cage.

It’s a mossbranch, every one has told me to take it out. I have had it her cage since it got her and it’s actually her favorite place to hangout, she has never tried eating it. She only eats live things, if it were to become a problem In the future I would remove it but I keep a close eye on her and it is not posing a problem at this point in time. She doesn’t have any other moss in her cage.
Okay, as long as she doesn't try to eat it. 👍🏻 My chamelon didn't try to eat fake plants either.

It’s not the worry of eating it. Moss is the one of the best places for bacteria to grow. I would remove it.

Back
Top Bottom