It was a nightmare😳

Tinydino

Avid Member
I fed my Vada this morning.
Must not have put the lid all the way back on the bsfl..
Well let me tell you...

Those little freaks of nature can really travel when they want too. !!

I look up from my coffee see little black things all over the carpet. And think. (What did the puppy chew ??)
Then I notice they are moving!!!!😱
There were about 20 in the open. Anlther 15 under the couch. I picked up over 50 of them.
This is what nightmares are.made of!! Lmao

Now I need to vacuum thoroughly to get any stragglers... before the husband realizes I released a bunch of creepy crawlies in the house!!!😅😅😅😅

Too funny. I dropped a container of superworms before, now that was harsh and they went everywhere. There I was with a hand vac trying to get them all. I freaked because they can eat their way into things. But then we moved a month later lol.

At least if you missed one it will just pupate and you get a harmless fly.

Too funny. I dropped a container of superworms before, now that was harsh and they went everywhere. There I was with a hand vac trying to get them all. I freaked because they can eat their way into things. But then we moved a month later lol.

At least if you missed one it will just pupate and you get a harmless fly.
Yeah. Supers would be way worse!!!
Im a clutz. Its amazing I havent fropped any containers of feeders yet. Lol

If you missed any don't worry they might not be creepy crawlys when you see them next flying Crawleys instead lol 😆 I've done the same but I always make the cricket box is proper shut I hate crickets

If you missed any don't worry they might not be creepy crawlys when you see them next flying Crawleys instead lol 😆 I've done the same but I always make the cricket box is proper shut I hate crickets
My youngest son(14) accidently released around 30 crickets when I first brought my girl home. 😂
We were chasing them down for 2 weeks.
My cats love to mess with them. But won't kill them. So all night. The cats would run around like crazies playing with crickets.
It was annoying. I don't mind being serenaded all night by a stray cricket.
But a bunch was a little much.
Haha.

I think escapees are inevitable in this game. Fortunately, where I live, it's too cold for dubias to breed, crix die quickly, and I haven't seen any beetles... 🙏
Its cold here too.
But Im still terrified of having a roach population in my house if they escape. Haha.
Crickets do eventually die out. But they last longer than I thought.
They probably eat out of the cat dish when no one is looking!!

My red runners have been my most common escapers. Usually I find them dead. I suspect my spiders are enjoying it greatly, but I put roach traps in the room just in case
6E248828-A4BB-44BB-8C66-82CA006362D8.jpeg

I think escapees are inevitable in this game. Fortunately, where I live, it's too cold for dubias to breed, crix die quickly, and I haven't seen any beetles... 🙏
My wife was telling me yesterday that we are out of small crickets that we feed to our baby jacksons. I told her to just look under the bathroom floor mat for some because we can always find some there. :)

Back
Top Bottom