Isopods-Where do I order them and which kind?

sharksax

Just wondering where can I orders some isopods for my pygmy enclosure and what type of isopod do I order (pill bug type which can roll in a ball or sowbugs which when face with danger they run away)?

Either or, and anywhere that sells dartfrogs usually has some. I have some 8 oz springtail cultures if you have the time to grow them out more (if you have a bigger tank.)

Thanks for the help in recommendations of where to get the isopods. Since it does not matter on which type I get I was thinking about getting the dwarf white isopods (Trichorhina Tomentosaa). As for the springtails, thank you for the offer, but I already have a culture of springtails in my terrarium and they are doing pretty well.

how big do springtails get? And are they a good insect for veileds? just do not want anything getting threw the screen.

how big do springtails get? And are they a good insect for veileds? just do not want anything getting threw the screen.

No springtails are teeny tiny - they're for keeping substrate in pygmy cages clean of fungus and debris. Not a feeder for anything larger than a baby pygmy!

I actually bought a springtail culture at the expo and in the madness of the sick chams left it on a table somewhere lol.

I actually bought a springtail culture at the expo and in the madness of the sick chams left it on a table somewhere lol.

Aw that sucks. :( I got a "flightless" fruit fly culture to supplement my fading cultures and when I opened it up they all flew out at me! I was not pleased... Luckily my good cultures bounced back.

Depends on the type of springtail but most are rather small (adult tropical and temperate springtails are smaller that pin head cricket) while giant springtails are about twice of a pin head cricket

Back
Top Bottom