Is this shedding?

TiKiMan

Established Member
So, I’m a newish Cham owner (almost 1 month now) and I’m pretty sure this is shedding but I’m never 100% sure, if it is this would be his first shed that I’ve seen.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 103
Looking good! But your he is looking like a she...maybe it’s just the pic and shedding. Just want to make sure. A lot of new Cham owners end up having females when they think they have males. Are there spurs on the back feet?

Looking good! But your he is looking like a she...maybe it’s just the pic and shedding. Just want to make sure. A lot of new Cham owners end up having females when they think they have males. Are there spurs on the back feet?
Crap, here’s a pic please tell me what you think it’s gender is because I always thought TiKi was a male

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 59
Pretty female...you should have an egglaying container in the cage ...female VEILEDS can produce eggs without havin been mated.

Hi there. Yes, you have a pretty girl and you need to get started on that lay bin today. Attaching a link you may find helpful. It’s actually easier than it sounds. Here’s a quick summary of all: I use a small plastic tote I found at Walmart...needs to be around 12“ wide by 12” deep. Get some play sand and ‘wash’ it...basically just rinsing the dust & stuff out. Sand needs to be moist enough to hold a tunnel without collapsing. Put it in your girl’s enclosure and leave it there permanently. When she is ready, she’ll find it and start digging. Once that happens, you have to give her absolute privacy. Cover just the visible sides/areas of her enclosure and leave her to do her thing. Mist very discretely if you don’t have an automatic mister. I make peek holes so I can monitor her. It takes a day or so. She’s done when she’s back in her usual basking spot. Feed & water her well after.
Have you had your husbandry reviewed? If not, you really should...help prevent any problems down the road.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/laying-bin-set-up-educational-video.77225/

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

Back
Top Bottom