is this setup okay so far?

ShazEnrico

So most of the time i keep him in the cage. But for 1-2 hours a day i let him climb out onto the vine and climb around in the trees. I attached a UVB light on the ceiling above the tall plant and I'm gonna also attach another small fixture to put in a heat bulb. What do u guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_0719.jpg
    IMG_0719.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 288
So most of the time i keep him in the cage. But for 1-2 hours a day i let him climb out onto the vine and climb around in the trees. I attached a UVB light on the ceiling above the tall plant and I'm gonna also attach another small fixture to put in a heat bulb. What do u guys think?

Looks good, what is that tree on the desk???

I really like it a lot! Especially the tree in front of the window! Great idea! I'd be a little nervous about him falling from the vine but.they are astonishingly good climbers so u probably won't have a problem. I'd run a net under the vine personaly. And connect the net from tree to tree so he can walk the net back to a tree. But like I said that's just me. I'm overly protective maybe. But im very jeoulous and u have my gears turning on wat I can do that's similar :)

thanks for all the feedback guys. I got the Schefflera here in Toronto at a place called "Sheridan Nurseries". I got lucky and managed to get it on sale for only 20 bucks. So I bought 2 of them immediately and keep the other one in my living room. So far he loves climbing around in em.

looks good and I like how you have it setup so they don't climb onto the wires->lights directly....although I would venture a guess that your UVB in the upper corner is a little too far away to be very effective (plus you can open the window if he's free-ranging and try to get him sun that way :)

Dripper? And the cricket tun on the window ledge prob a lil cold/ hot for them :p Other then that looks good! Just make sure UBV bulb is available in the cage and in the free range.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I had a feeling that the UVB light was too far to be effective so I ran a vine across the top and also installed a basking light. the UVB bulb is a reptisun 5.0.... is it close enough to the vine for basking?

Attachments

• IMG_0813.jpg
    IMG_0813.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0814.jpg
    IMG_0814.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 201
Very nice! Does he always stay in that area??... Mine don't... much to curious. I am forever trying to keep up with were they went next!

I agree that with the window open and the amount of time you are letting him out the lights are probably not necessary. Nonetheless they can't hurt, as was mentioned before though your reptisun 5.0 should be a maximum 12" from your basking spot or you aren't getting much UVA/UVB penetration for your cham.
This is exactly how I started free-ranging my cham; allowing him out via a vine to another tree. It wasn't long before he was not wanting to go back into the cage. Soon you will do away with the cage completely.
Nicely done!

Back
Top Bottom