IS THIS NORMAL IM SCARED

QuinnieLeeBlu

Avid Member
I was spraying my make panther chameleon and we started to act weird and putting his nose in the air is that normal?!?!?🦎😥

Attachments

• FA1B4294-C94A-47E7-B9B0-B85580E99221.jpeg
    FA1B4294-C94A-47E7-B9B0-B85580E99221.jpeg
    253.1 KB · Views: 70
  • EB1A4248-2C98-4AB9-8ED2-20F72D1EADBD.jpeg
    EB1A4248-2C98-4AB9-8ED2-20F72D1EADBD.jpeg
    206.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 7E5CBBFC-B6C8-47D3-8BD4-9F600D1950E3.jpeg
    7E5CBBFC-B6C8-47D3-8BD4-9F600D1950E3.jpeg
    198.8 KB · Views: 69
So when I mist my guy he slowly looks up with his eyes and then his whole head, as if to look at where the water is coming from. After about 30 seconds he kinda goes and hides from the water until it shuts off. I’m sure you know, but don’t directly spray at him just the leaves/plants around him

If you never spray them directly, how will they wash their eyes? I would say to spray in one spot, and if he goes into the water then there's no harm in spraying him.
I like to mist the top of my enclosure so the screen can collect the water drops and I mist it until some drops are falling like rain.
I also have an automatic mister that mists the plants inside the enclosure. I have just notice the droplets dangling from the screen entice my chameleons.

And yes, he looks normal to me. Whenever my female veiled starts to expand her gular pouch (when she puffs up) she usually tilts her head up a little.

So when I mist my guy he slowly looks up with his eyes and then his whole head, as if to look at where the water is coming from. After about 30 seconds he kinda goes and hides from the water until it shuts off. I’m sure you know, but don’t directly spray at him just the leaves/plants around him
Thank you ive heard to spray them directly i posted something else about his cage will you go check that out and tell me if i need to change anything
!🦎❤️☺️

If you never spray them directly, how will they wash their eyes? I would say to spray in one spot, and if he goes into the water then there's no harm in spraying him.
I like to mist the top of my enclosure so the screen can collect the water drops and I mist it until some drops are falling like rain.
I also have an automatic mister that mists the plants inside the enclosure. I have just notice the droplets dangling from the screen entice my chameleons.

And yes, he looks normal to me. Whenever my female veiled starts to expand her gular pouch (when she puffs up) she usually tilts her head up a little.
I was referring to some people who have posted who spray their Cham at point blank range

I've never given it a thought either way. The mister comes on when it comes on, and goes off 2 minutes later. Sometimes he gets caught in the rain, and sometimes he doesn't.

As with lighting, I trust reptiles to know what they need and where they want to be.

He is cleaning his eyes... You can tell in the last picture. Panthers seems to appreciate water much more then a Veiled will. Mist in the area and let him walk into it. Having an automated system is easier because it gives them privacy to do what they want without you standing there.

Back
Top Bottom