Is this moss or something I should worry about ?!

martinlemus

my chams poop has some sort of white hairs , should I be worried ?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 176
It is fungus, not moss or mildew. It is probably pretty harmless to a healthy chameleon--fungus and bacteria are part of the natural world and how things are broken down.

It is fungus, not moss or mildew. It is probably pretty harmless to a healthy chameleon--fungus and bacteria are part of the natural world and how things are broken down.

I stand corrected - fungus!

(Off topic: JJP - Have you read Mycophilia by Eugenia Bone? It's a great popular history on fungus, mushrooms in particular.)

I stand corrected - fungus!

(Off topic: JJP - Have you read Mycophilia by Eugenia Bone? It's a great popular history on fungus, mushrooms in particular.)

No I haven't but I will have to get it--my husband is a real mushroom freak. I'm a little more cautious eating anything he picks now after he sent us both to the hospital misidentifying a puff ball mushroom. His mother told him there were no poisonous puff ball mushrooms...... Wrong!

It looks like mold to the kind you can get in a newly set up vivarium. Put some springtails in there and they will keep it cleaned up for you. I would try to keep the poop cleaned up because you wouldn't want a cricket eating that right before your cham eats it. I do a visual check every day, and take out any feces I see. And I do a major cleaning once a month.

Yah they can be bought at most suppliers, I think LLLReptile has them. they look like this.

IQCR0QDR7QARLQNR50WRJKCQI0TQ80DQ80ARYKNRHQ1RG0NRX0URSQS0N0Z020Q0KQDRQQQ0P0DR.jpg
They eat all the unwanted stuff.

Back
Top Bottom