Is this enclosure okay to buy?

Gingero

Neptune the Chameleon
Site Sponsor
Hi there! Future panther chameleon owner here :) I found this ad on Craigslist and it seems like a good deal to me. Cage demensions are 24x24x48. Asking price is $350. I was hoping to have someone a bit more experienced take a look for me and let me know if it’s worth the price and if there are any obvious issues with it. I plan on investing in a misting system since that isn’t included. Is there anything else you think I’ll need for the enclosure? Thanks in advance.

FC783A88-9877-4D03-8C1F-57341DE3B290.png
0FA2A2E4-3274-49D8-9B5F-95D578428920.png
92E9B10A-8F11-4C1A-AF8A-012CF1B62A53.png
73082BAF-764D-462C-B8FC-77AADE95E51B.png
AF69E8E4-F9DD-4DF1-AA17-363A34ED0D4E.png
6EBB634C-AC1C-4206-AC8B-E1760C13942C.png

It shows a climist misting system in the ad. I like mine a lot. It looks like a good deal especially with the mister. You will have to disinfect all of it thoroughly especially if if the sellers chameleon died. I would get rid off anything porous like the branches and get new ones as they are difficult to disinfect.

Don't use the warm air humidifier use the cool mist only.

It shows a climist misting system in the ad. I like mine a lot. It looks like a good deal especially with the mister. You will have to disinfect all of it thoroughly especially if if the sellers chameleon died. I would get rid off anything porous like the branches and get new ones as they are difficult to disinfect.

Don't use the warm air humidifier use the cool mist only.

Thanks for the response! The misting system has already been sold separately. But the price was just dropped to $260, so I should be able to invest in a Mistking system (I've heard nothing but good things). The previous chameleon didn't die, but it's probably still a good idea to disinfect. How do you recommend disinfecting everything?

Also, what's the reason for not recommending the warm air humidifier?

High heat and humidity at the same time are not recommended for most common chameleon species. What kind are you thinking of getting?
Here is a description of some basic cleaning techniques.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...ier-than-you-think-part-3-deep-cleaning.2364/

Thanks for the link to the deep cleaning directions :)

I wasn't planning on getting a warm air humidifier. But since I'm trying to learn as much as I can about chameleons and chameleon care, I figured it was worth asking why they're not recommended.

I thought it came with the set up.
It does. I thought you were referring to the warm air humidifier when you asked "What kind are you thinking of getting?" Did I misunderstand?
If you were asking about what kind of misting system I'm thinking of getting, I mentioned above I'm considering the Mistking because I've heard nothing but good things about it :)

Back
Top Bottom