Is this edema?

Gloriawood

Chameleon Enthusiast
Is this edema? And how do I treat it? I’ve been gone for about 5 days and he didn’t have this when I left. 😭 before I left I had noticed he seemed thirstier than normal. So I increased the number of mistings and his dripper. His urates improved after that.

Attachments

• IMG_0589.jpeg
    IMG_0589.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0590.jpeg
    IMG_0590.jpeg
    167.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0591.jpeg
    IMG_0591.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 29
Ok he moved around and now it’s not as bad? 😭 is it the angle?

Attachments

• IMG_0594.jpeg
    IMG_0594.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0593.jpeg
    IMG_0593.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0592.jpeg
    IMG_0592.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 25
It doesn’t look like edema to me, sometimes when they can relax their tongue it causes that area to look fuller. The edema is typically in between the front arms more and doesn’t go away.

It doesn’t look like edema to me, sometimes when they can relax their tongue it causes that area to look fuller. The edema is typically in between the front arms more and doesn’t go away.
Ok thank you!!! I was freaking out 😂 I’m still so new to this and when any little thing seems different I panic 🥴

I agree with @janjan20. Edema is pretty dang noticeable when they have it. It does not just reduce when they change positions.

So I managed to find my pic of Beman in 2020 when he had edema from too much bee pollen. Once I removed all oral bee pollen it reduced.

Attachments

• IMG_5475.JPG
    IMG_5475.JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 28
Agree, probably not edema... I always think of it as them having little man boobs 🤷‍♀️ and that's not what I'm really seeing there. Just Spaghetti being a goober and scaring you lol. I'd also say that considering his history, you're probably going to see some oddities with him anyway. But the best thing is that you're keeping a good eye on him!

Agree, probably not edema... I always think of it as them having little man boobs 🤷‍♀️ and that's not what I'm really seeing there. Just Spaghetti being a goober and scaring you lol. I'd also say that considering his history, you're probably going to see some oddities with him anyway. But the best thing is that you're keeping a good eye on him!
Yea I’ve noticed he’s a bit different 😂 I love his wonky casque even though I hate the reason he has it. He dosent seem to shed quite like I’ve seen others on here. He takes longer and has flakes that stick around for a while after. But I’m keeping an eye on his toes and tail when he does shed and hoping that it will get better with time.

I agree with @janjan20. Edema is pretty dang noticeable when they have it. It does not just reduce when they change positions.

So I managed to find my pic of Beman in 2020 when he had edema from too much bee pollen. Once I removed all oral bee pollen it reduced.
This helps a lot! When he started gaining weight I thought his little jaw muscles were edema at first 😅 and then I saw this and was like ‘oh no it’s lower on his neck this has to be edema’ but this pic puts me at ease. It’s not that low at all. I don’t use her pollen either

This helps a lot! When he started gaining weight I thought his little jaw muscles were edema at first 😅 and then I saw this and was like ‘oh no it’s lower on his neck this has to be edema’ but this pic puts me at ease. It’s not that low at all. I don’t use her pollen either
Questions are good. Its how we learn. :) And it is freaky when you see something and your not sure. Trust me been there done that sooooo many times.

Back
Top Bottom