Is this color normal?

My chameleon has a weird grey pattern in his green almost all the time. Is this because of stress? It goes away when he sleeps he is a beautiful bright green. He is a vieled about 2 months old I think.... petco couldn't tell me his age I have to guess till I can afford to take him to the vet.

Attachments

• 20210523_180826.jpg
    20210523_180826.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 98
He also is an aggressive buttface and is always darkening when I'm around and prefers the color of a green ripe banana... if you know what I mean...

Also if I close the sheet around his cage I use as a curtain I've caught him displaying beautiful green color until he catches me... then he returns to his usual angry puffy and discolored self.... he's eaten from me directly so I dont understand why he looks like that at me. It makes me sad.

This is the cage now after a few weeks of figuring this out.

Attachments

• 20210523_163740.jpg
    20210523_163740.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 20210523_160908.jpg
    20210523_160908.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 103
This is what it looked like when I purchased the setup from petco.... but even though he's lightening up he seems to be angry all the time at me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210523-183349_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20210523-183349_Video Player.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 108
Also is it possible cause I rearranged his home today.... and have been for the last 4 weeks... I'm done now this is it till I can afford a bigger cage and everything for it.

I dont mean to be invading his home. I know they prefer privacy I've been working hard to fix what I initially did which is enter this unarmed and unknowledgable. This is a tough lizard to take care of.

I think he may be a she, it’s casque is on the smaller side. Post a picture of the back of the feet to confirm. As for coloration it can be determined by a lot of things. They’re bright when they sleep because they’re relaxed. Darker colors such as black/ brown indicate stress as due bright colors when not asleep. When they’re calm they may appear as a dull green.

You need more branches and foliage in there so he/she feels safe. Remove ALL FAKE PLANTS, veileds are known to snack on there plants and you don’t want them eating a fake plant and becoming impacted. I don’t want this to come across as rude but you really shouldn’t of gotten a chameleon if you can’t afford everything within the care requirements. These are extremely hard creatures that need there care spot on to be as happy as can be.

Go ahead and fill out this form so we can help you correct anything and make sure you have your care information correct.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.

Well I mean I would have taken him back if petco would have accepted him and I know he's a guy cause he has the knobs on his hind feet he's just a smaller guy.

Also I have the money just not right now I get paid bi weekly and I think on short notice being absolutley lied to about the creature I have a done a decent job of providing an okay enclosure.

I notice that you have a water bowl. Please get a dripper or a fountain because chameleons do not drink still water. They only drink moving water

Back
Top Bottom