Is this color normal?

You’ll want to use a phosphorus-free calcium without D3 every feeding, except for once a week. On that one day per week, you’ll alternate between using a phosphorus-free calcium with D3 and a multivitamin without D3 (like Zoo Med’s Reptivite Without D3) weekly, so each supplement is used once every two weeks.

Crickets small ones, they are gut loaded with food I got from the store, and i use calcium without d3 every feeder and with d3 2x a month however i could be wrong on when to do so.
What is the exact gutload? Here’s a great gutload chart, too!

Attachments

• chameleon-gutload 2.jpg
    chameleon-gutload 2.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 73
Hey there. Welcome to the forum. If you fill out the form that was posted for you we can give you more detailed info. Since it would appear you got a lot of incorrect info from Petco which by the way is very common. Coloring is normal. May be about to shed.

Make sure your only running the fogger into the cage at night when temps are below 67 degrees. Otherwise your creating an environment of hot moist air that can lead to baby developing a respiratory infection. Your cage looks good for being new and getting so much bad info. Pull the bowl out. You will want a drip tray instead that you can either wet vac out or put a drain into.

I would not wrap the cage at all. Baby needs to get used to you and by wrapping the cage your limiting air flow and creating a hot box. Baby should be no hotter then 80 at basking branch.

Anyways if you fill out the form we can give more spot on advice. This is a great site to learn basics from and if you have questions you can ask us. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

I am just taking him back and returning him.
That may be the best thing for your to do. They are very hard animals to keep. Everything needs to be really spot on with their care or they can get sick and die. They are also crazy expensive to buy and provide the correct items. I think if your initial thought is to return him then you should stick with that. I am not going to try to talk you out of it. They are not fluffy personable little creatures. They are more like a fish tank, look and do not touch. If you have receipts for the other stuff you bought there you can return it if its been less then 30 days I believe. Good luck with everything.

I gave him to a friend who has raised reptiles before he's always wanted to try raising a chameleon. He within 5 mins had him calmed and almost walking onto his hand...... I really think that this cham had something against me. We checked it if I got near he would puff up my friend walked up and he walked onto his finger with 3 feet... so... kinda think the cham hated me.

Back
Top Bottom