Is this behavior from shedding?

cantgetagoodsn

Avid Member
Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Male Jackson's Chameleon who has been in my care for about 6 weeks. He is a sub adult that is 9-12 months, FLChams won't get back to me with his exact age.?
Handling - lately not a lot, im letting him get used to more hand feeding first. The last week I have used a stick instead of my hand.
Feeding - I am feeing him mostly crickets, because that's all he seems to eat right now. He will gobble up a superworm rarely. He seems to eat an average of 4-6 per day. I havent been gutloading, just with water. The cricket crack I ordered should be here today.
Supplements - I have RepCal Multivitamins (twice a month), RepCal calcium with D3 (twice a month), and RepCal calcium without D3 (every other day).
Watering - I mist with a bottle, I am in process of setting up my mistking I just received. I mist him 2-4 times a day for about 2-3 mins each with warm water, and yes he drinks nearly every misting.
Fecal Description - Dark brown solid poop with solid white urinate. I am taking him to the vet tomorrow for a general checkup.
History - He shed his mouth about a week ago. Yesterday his head started to shed (pic)
Cage Info:
Cage Type - 2'x2'x4' screen cage that is 2.5' off the ground.
Lighting - ReptiGlo 5.0 linear 18" bulb and 60W basking light. Lights on at 10AM off at 10PM.
Temperature - Basking is about 82-85* and lower mid of the cage is 70-72*.
Humidity - 50-80% by misting.
Plants - Japanese Aralia in the cage.
Placement - In my room. Usually I am the only one in the room. I have a shitzu in right now, neither seemed to notice or care about each other...
Location - Lubbock TX

Current Problem - Today he has been walking around all over the place in his cage, like normal. He ate 2 crickets from my hand. I opened the cage because he usually likes to climb to the top and chill up there. He went to a branch near the edge of the door and sat there watching me assemble the mistking. I thought he was curious. I noticed he was laying on the branch and very dark. I put my hand close, he didn't move. Usually he runs away. I decided to mist him with warm water, and he started to move back and forth like a leaf, I had NEVER seen him to it to this degree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CJAromqRko

Attachments

• IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 189
Maybe he was enjoying himself???

Maybe he was enjoying the mist, esp since he is in shed mode... since he did not run away and was "rocking back & forth"... my Wilson will stand up on his back legs and sway back & forth during misting.
;)

the dark color and stationary movement lasted for about a half hour before I misted. And when I approached him, even touched his leg, he didnt move. He hardly even looked at me. That's when I was worried and thought I'd mist. I put a towel over the front so he can't see the dog...

Hummmm.....

the dark color and stationary movement lasted for about a half hour before I misted. And when I approached him, even touched his leg, he didnt move. He hardly even looked at me. That's when I was worried and thought I'd mist. I put a towel over the front so he can't see the dog...

Gee, that I have no insight on but I can understand being concerned I would be to these guys make me nervous I just got my second yesterday and he has been very dark & not adjusting to his new home well plus he arrived in shed mode so I'm sure it will take him a bit to settle in. I hope he comes around, I'll have grey hair in a week at this rate... My other guy was so easy.

Maybe someone else on here will chime in and give you some better insight...

Gee, that I have no insight on but I can understand being concerned I would be to these guys make me nervous I just got my second yesterday and he has been very dark & not adjusting to his new home well plus he arrived in shed mode so I'm sure it will take him a bit to settle in. I hope he comes around, I'll have grey hair in a week at this rate... My other guy was so easy.

Maybe someone else on here will chime in and give you some better insight...

OH NO GENSEN WITH GREY HAIR RUUNN!! lol Ok back to the original post. Your guy might just be like that for now, has he been like that for a while or just now? Id give it a couple of days until his shed is done and see where you can go from there

I use a regular pump hand mister to mist. I am assembling the mistking as we speak. He seeeeeeeeems to be okay now. He's moving around some and his colors lightened up. I wonder if he is just upset because shedding sucks... lol. I have a vet appointment tomorrow which I have been meaning to do just to get checked up initially...

Back
Top Bottom