Is this basking bulb fine?

Briansant

A0E1EF04-BF61-4DB2-BE86-5C068B65941C.jpeg

Is this basking bulb fine for a 3 month old male veiled?

Agreed about the incandescent bulb for heat basking.

Personally, I have a 100W frosted incandescent bulb with a lamp dimmer so I can dim it to optimize the basking temperature. I have it down to about 75W right now that I measure from my smart power surge app (Kasa brand). This gives me around 85F at 6" below the hood fixture/cage top last time I checked. I'll probably need to check again just to make sure it is still since i updated my cage and moved vines around so thank you for initializing my self-reminder :)

I use this bulb and actually, it doesn’t produce blue light at all. I don’t know why the bulb is blue because the light is bright white. I get the perfect temp levels with this bulb, so yes it’s ok. A lot of people think it’s bad because the bulb is colored, but the light it produces isn’t blue, so it’s fine.
F178C246-DFEC-4827-8D19-A7F3E9F2CC7D.jpeg

(i have a linear uvb it’s just not in the picture)

I use this bulb and actually, it doesn’t produce blue light at all. I don’t know why the bulb is blue because the light is bright white. I get the perfect temp levels with this bulb, so yes it’s ok. A lot of people think it’s bad because it’s colored, but the light it produces isn’t blue, so it’s fine.
Yea I use it too I haven’t had a problem.

May be ok, but who knows if the light output looks different to the cham, to him it may look like blue light. I'd keep it simple and use a 60w house bulb, or get a clear/regular basking bulb.

I personally use this, and have it elevated pretty high to keep the basking branch at a good temp.
Bulb.PNG

May be ok, but who knows if the light output looks different to the cham, to him it may look like blue light. I'd keep it simple and use a 60w house bulb, or get a clear/regular basking bulb.

I personally use this, and have it elevated pretty high to keep the basking branch at a good temp.
View attachment 266224
I will try this one out thanks!

Back
Top Bottom