Is this bad?

Chamlo

I gave my Cham watered down oral baytril and he sneezed out water a minute after. Is this bad? What happens if they aspire?

Be really careful he could aspirate water and it could kill him. Why are you using watered down baytril? Did your vet say to water it down? You need the amount really accurate for a small cham, and give him extra misting and baytril is hard on the kidneys so they need lots of water.

Be really careful he could aspirate water and it could kill him. Why are you using watered down baytril? Did your vet say to water it down? You need the amount really accurate for a small cham, and give him extra misting and baytril is hard on the kidneys so they need lots of water.

I second this. Aspiration is awful to watch

I third this!!! I've read up and reaserched aspiration alot! I couldn't watch that,

-Cole

Yes, I was told to add water to already specific amount in the syringe. I did this with Reptaid for a while, never did this. This is the 3rd dose of baytril (one every 24 hours, 1cc, add water). He acted normal the rest of the time before lights out which was about an hour and a half. So, is this bad?

Also he isn't a small Cham, he's a year old and the vet gave the doses already measured, but said to add water to give him more to swallow

Did your vet show you how to give it? It's easy to do this the wrong way, you don't want to get the liquids down the windpipes!

Will he eat? You might be better off asking your vet if you can give smaller concentrated doses by injecting it into an insect?

You maynot know this but a chameleons windpipe is located in the middle of his mouth, on the bottom. So by placing liquids at the front of his mouth he may be aspirating them. So when you give him meds make sure that syringe is way back in his mouth, almost down his throat.

Back
Top Bottom