Is this an egg??

You can use a big bin or garbage can and fill it at least that deep with moist playsand....and move her to it. Once you move her to it you need to leave her there until she lays her eggs.

I use a 65 litre bin and cut away almost all of the lid. I put screen over the hole I make in the lid and then fill the bin to the required depth...add a branch for her to climb on and if you want to a plant because they like to lay eggs near plant roots. I put her in and put the lid on and put a light across the screen on the lid so she can see and get a bit of heat...but not get overheated.you can predig a tunnel for her too if you want to. You need to do this ASAP if you're going to go that route.

You can use a big bin or garbage can and fill it at least that deep with moist playsand....and move her to it. Once you move her to it you need to leave her there until she lays her eggs.

I use a 65 litre bin and cut away almost all of the lid. I put screen over the hole I make in the lid and then fill the bin to the required depth...add a branch for her to climb on and if you want to a plant because they like to lay eggs near plant roots. I put her in and put the lid on and put a light across the screen on the lid so she can see and get a bit of heat...but not get overheated.you can predig a tunnel for her too if you want to. You need to do this ASAP if you're going to go that route.
Okay thank you sooo much!! I will try to do this ASAP. How long do I have?? A day? A few hours?

I got a big trash can and put as much dirt as I had in there. She just seems stressed out and doesn’t act like she likes it
I'd she doesn't like the substrate in the lay bin she may not lay the eggs there..and if she doesn't lay them she could become eggbound. I always use washed playsand (produced by Kings).
A19657DB-9941-4C59-A46D-6497B521C7A5.jpeg
This is what I have going now. I need to get more dirt tomorrow. It’s about 4 inches now. But what about the leaves and branches and stuff??Too much too little?

I’ll work on it. When do I put her back in the normal cage?

They generally head back up when done, so I would say when she starts to try climb out. However in this case you want to make sure all the eggs are out, so maybe give her 24 hours ? she should be fine in there for that period of time in there if she ha a branch to sit on.

Yay! So glad she laid! How many eggs did she lay?
Just for future reference, when you make up her new & improved lay bin, skip the moss. It can make it a bit harder for her to dig.

Did she cover the eggs and then go back up tithe branches?
How many eggs did she lay?
Can you please post a photo of her now.

You may want to adjust her diet and temperatures to slow/stop her egg reproduction so she may live longer and without reproductive issues.

Yay! So glad she laid! How many eggs did she lay?
Just for future reference, when you make up her new & improved lay bin, skip the moss. It can make it a bit harder for her to dig.
I haven’t counted yet. She has been burying them for awhile. I was actually surprised that she chose to dig under the moss and that’s where she laid the eggs

Did she cover the eggs and then go back up tithe branches?
How many eggs did she lay?
Can you please post a photo of her now.

You may want to adjust her diet and temperatures to slow/stop her egg reproduction so she may live longer and without reproductive issues.
I can post a picture in a sec. I haven’t counted the eggs and no she is still burying them

Back
Top Bottom