Is this an ear slider turtle?

I'm worried about keeping him outside, although it must have hatched in a body of water in this climate...everything I read says warm warm warm, he is currently in a path of direct sunlight from noon till sunset

What region do you live in? Red-eared Sliders are the most common pet turtle in U.S. and is the most commonly traded reptile in the world. From wikipedia:

It is native to the southern United States and northern Mexico, but has become established in other places because of pet releases, and has become an invasive species in many areas, where it outcompetes native species. The red-eared slider is included in the list of the world's 100 most invasive species published by the IUCN.

Last edited:
I live in sacramento, well... I have accepted this little one in my family, and I'll take care of him (most likely male) hopefully..... look how invasive humans are... a california condor might get my little chiwuhawa, I'll shoot it with my shotgun......... sad but true

Last edited:
I live in sacramento, well... I have accepted this little one in my family, and I'll take care of him (most likely male) hopefully..... look how invasive humans are... a california condor might get my little chiwuhawa, I'll shoot it with my shotgun......... sad but true

California Condors are already extinct in CA so no worries there (be more on the lookout for eagles and owls to take your pouch pooches)

Back
Top Bottom