is this a silver pothos?

I was given a plant for free by a nearby plant shop and have since nursed it back to health. I think it is a Pothos, but I specialize in carnivorous plants so I am unsure. Would this plant be safe to put in one of our veiled cham cages? Let me know guys!
Also I'm new here, I'd love to show my pretty chams!

Attachments

• 20180412_110032.jpg
    20180412_110032.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 139
  • 20180412_110024.jpg
    20180412_110024.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 103
Looks like Jade Pothos to me. Though, I'd love to get another opinion on that. Jade Pothos is usually that dark green, and it has a sort of heart shape leaf. Though, Silver Pothos is known for that sheen yours seems to have. The lack of the white/silvery markings is the only thing that makes me think its not.

The website I typically use for a safe plant list is https://flchams.com/chameleon-safe-plant-list/#j and it only mentions Golden Pothos. I'm not to sure what the difference between the Pothos types are so I would get someone else's input.

Last edited:
Oh! Great to know! Perhaps Persophone the Pothos doesnt deserve chameleon chomps XD it is very dark green due to the poor light conditions its in. The rest of the Windows are taken so it has to sit on the china cupboard with another plant. The money plant we have in Carmen's cage is doing amazingly though. We may just get another money plant for Loretta. I'll check out the link!

Haha great name for the Pothos! Yeah, my poor Pothos is quite literally being eaten alive. Good thing they call it the unkillable plant. Hopefully someone else will comment though, just in case I'm completely wrong. Especially if its coloring is off due to lighting. ^^

The name is in reference to how the pothos is sometimes called the 'devils vine" so Persephone is reaching down to her lover Hades ♡ my plants all have cool names and/or pun names. i hope someone call tell me if shes safe! She needs some more healing too though before i let her go in with our babies. Johnny Cash the money plant has about 4 months of healing before he was ready. Now the cage looks like this

Attachments

• 20180409_143137.jpg
    20180409_143137.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 125
I don't have a name for mine. I feel like if I get too attached, I'll be sad when it dies. I can somehow take care of a chameleon but not a basic houseplant :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom