Is this a good size for my sand bucket?

Jakama

I've got a six-month-old chameleon who is pretty gravid at this point. Do you think this pot is big enough for her to lay in?
100_0198.jpg

Yes-I would just get the bigger one in there so she is used to it and lays when she needs to.

It is kind of small. I used a 4 gal bucket with play sand in it for my female panther. Shes laid 2 fertile clutches in that bucket and dug multiple holes in it. The dimensions are 11 inched deep and 11 inches wide. I wouldnt go any smaller than 10x10...

Quick question about this as well. My female Veiled Cali is 7 months old and is not showing any signs of being gravid yet. No color changes, no bulges in her belly, no food strike, and no pacing the bottom of her cage. But just to be on the safe side I used a bathroom trash can that I filled with organic potting soil that is moistened and placed it in her enclosure. Will that be ok?

Quick question about this as well. My female Veiled Cali is 7 months old and is not showing any signs of being gravid yet. No color changes, no bulges in her belly, no food strike, and no pacing the bottom of her cage. But just to be on the safe side I used a bathroom trash can that I filled with organic potting soil that is moistened and placed it in her enclosure. Will that be ok?

thats kind of unsanitary isn't it? I would go out and get a new 5 gallon bucket, and put washed play sand in it you can also mix the organic soil with it.

It's a new trash can, just the size of one you would use in a bathroom. The sand scares me since several people have had trouble with chams eating it and Cali will eat plants and dirt in her enclosure so I have to make sure it's safe.

Hi there.... my veiled is digging as i type this..... if you see my recent thread here.....

https://www.chameleonforums.com/shes-digging-54120/

on page 2 it has some pics of my temporary first laying bin and the new one which i put in her cage this week... its working for me.... its 14" by 10" inches and 12+" deep...... think we have the same size cage too (XL?)

good luck :)

Mine all use a bathroom (new) trash can. They are oval or rectangular and stand 12-14" tall. I have several different ones. I have one girl that didn't seem to like anything I put into her cage until I wet down her sand more. She really liked digging in pretty wet sand. As long as it didn't puddle in the bottom while she was digging it was fine with her.

The bigger the container the deeper she will dig it seems. They dig to the bottom. Of course I never used a 5 gallon container. I don't have my girls in a 24x24x48" cage, they are in 18x18x38". I keep a dripper going and just don't have room for all the pots in the bottom. They are happy with what I use so I am happy too.

Back
Top Bottom