Is this a good habitat

Alexism

Just got my velied chameleon 2 days ago and I'm not sure if this is a good habitat for him

Attachments

• IMG_0410.JPG
    IMG_0410.JPG
    267.8 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0415.JPG
    IMG_0415.JPG
    306.8 KB · Views: 149
Remove tje waterdish, they don't often drink from it anyways and it looks a bit high so if he falls in he may panic and drown. It's also a breeding round for bacteria.
I's also add some life plants to make it more bushy and to help maintain humidity.
Also it would be better to give him a lot of paths to climb and a nice horizontal branch where he can bask.

Looks pretty good! I would recommend trying to get a live plant in there in place of the Buddha statue (sorry Buddha!) and more vines for them to hide in.

More horiztonal branches (dowels cut to width. held on the screen with push tacks work great) - Just need to give your Cham more options of places to hangout

Also something that will really help is getting a bottom tray for your enclosure. They fit snug and will catch all the extra water that doesn't get into your bowls.

I got my first Jacksons 6 months ago and these are two things that have really helped me out!

I'm concerned about your vine/branch that goes all the way to the top. If he gets to close to the lamps he can get burns. Try to leave a 6-8 inch gap below the lights for basking.

In addition to above comments, the cage needs more branches at different levels so that the cham can move to the temp it prefers at the moment, and my foliage to hide.

Yes that is good I got the same cage the only thing I would say is make sure humidity is good and temp is good other than that I think it's good.

U can also get rid of that green carpet,once it get soak by misting n cham pooping,it creates a dirty environment,go bare floor more easy to clean!

Hijacking. Again lol wondering about my enclosure as well since I upgraded from a home made one, does the setup look good?

Attachments

• IMG_0570.JPG
    IMG_0570.JPG
    437.9 KB · Views: 76
Hijacking. Again lol wondering about my enclosure as well since I upgraded from a home made one, does the setup look good?
What size is that? Also, what is the thing in the bottom right front with a cord?

I have to say, it looks small for an adult cham. But the branches are great, I would still add more foliage.

What size is that? Also, what is the thing in the bottom right front with a cord?

I have to say, it looks small for an adult cham. But the branches are great, I would still add more foliage.
It's a 16x16x20 for a baby lol if you can find him in the picture...it's a probe for the tempature & humidity

It's a 16x16x20 for a baby lol if you can find him in the picture...it's a probe for the tempature & humidity
Got it.

I thought it looked like the mistking timer, scared me for a minute. Those can not be kept in the cage.....but a probe, totally ok. Although, if that is the part that displays, I would get that part out of the cage so it doesn't get wet.

Back
Top Bottom