Is this a concern?

Tyler2913

hi got here my 3 month old veiled chameleon. It’s a female and she has this marking I noticed about a week ago on her side, she is unable to burn herself on the light because it is not directly in the enclosure (I think) and she has shedded a couple days ago, just curious on whether I should be taking her to the vets. Many thanks.
0433C3EB-AA07-43BF-867E-0537C973164F.jpeg
0433C3EB-AA07-43BF-867E-0537C973164F.jpeg

Yes it does look like a burn. Please get back to us about the lighting and her basking temps but she will probable need to see a vet to get some cream to help heal her.

Not sure if that's a burn or not—it's shedding.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=chameleon+shed+after+burn?

she is unable to burn herself on the light because it is not directly in the enclosure (I think) and she has shedded a couple days ago, just curious on whether I should be taking her to the vets. Many thanks.
It's either inside or outside. May we please pics of the top of the enclosure showing the lights from top & bottom?

Burns (if it is) can still occur through the screen top. Is the basking light perchance a 'spot' instead of a 'flood' or household incandescent? Floods produce temperature gradients (good), while spots can produce hot spots.

1636809180337.png

Last edited:
Does it stay while he/she changes colors? Van has marks like that that I thought were burns. Sometimes he’ll have just a burst of brown and black in a field of bright green and blue. He does it to scare the h out of me, I think.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom