is there anything you can do about missing claws

ken2414

Established Member
Well my guy has been losing claws over the months because he always clings to the screen weird and gets almost mad his legs are stuck there and jerks them off real fast, so now he is missing a few claws on each foot. is this anything to worry about as far as infection?

Well they could become infected. You just have to keep on eye on the toe where he lost the claw. My chameleon is missing one nail but he never got infected. I also remember someone on here who's cham had the nail ripped out and they did end up having some problems with that area. If they are just broken off they can grow back but if they are ripped out below the skin then I don't think they grow back. Atleast mine didn't.

well there all the ones he is missing have been missing for a few months. just kinda sucks for him now cuz he cant vertical climb on the cage anymore. :(

then they will be more than likely be missing for good. Not much you can do about it. I have read on here about people putting some type of like plastic chicken wire stuff over the screen so they can climb without getting their nails caught.

yeah i was thinking about that, but the only real time he ever climbed on the screen was when there was something wrong or he was scared. i was just wondering if there was anyway they would regrow. thx for the input tho :)

Back
Top Bottom