Is their such thing as your enclosure being to crowded.

I have a pretty big screen enclosure and I have a hibiscus in it as well as a bunch of sticks and vine going through the hibiscus. Is there any way that I put too much stuff in there with him causing confusion or will it be better for him. I have a male panther about 3 months old.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 211
at a young age like yours if theres going to be lots of foilage you may def want to cup feed so he can find his food thats the biggest concern. otherwise lots is a good thing. for an older cham the enclosure is no where near what id consider being too full. its pretty bare towards the top and you prob can add few more horizontal branches

I would actually say that that is fairly sparsely occupied. I would add a few more branches up top.

Oh okay thanks I hand feed him around 6 to 12 a day so he is well fed, thanks for the advise. What's the best way to hang horizontal branches I am having some trouble!

Oh okay thanks I hand feed him around 6 to 12 a day so he is well fed, thanks for the advise. What's the best way to hang horizontal branches I am having some trouble!

That is really not enough food. Juveniles should be allowed to eat as much as they want. When my guys were little they would eat about 2 dozen 1/4" crickets daily. I kept my boys in their big boy cages but would take them out to cup feed.

^^ agreed, when my guy was that young prob eating 20+ hard to say causei fed him 2-4 times a day and offered both fruit flies, bean weevil, and crix. as for the branches i and many others use thumbtacks through the screen and into the branch to hold it up

Oh wow so I'm not feeding him near enough!!! Wow I'm glad to hear this now I can start giving him more food! About what time should I stop feeding him?

I stop no later than 4 hours before lights out, but I mainly try to feed in the mornings. Your only concern having a too-full cage (which yours is not) is making sure not to block out the heat and UVB from their basking spots.

I have a pretty big screen enclosure and I have a hibiscus in it as well as a bunch of sticks and vine going through the hibiscus. Is there any way that I put too much stuff in there with him causing confusion or will it be better for him. I have a male panther about 3 months old.

I don't think a heavily planted cage causes confusion. and if the branches don't obstruct movement, its probably fine. that said, I found most of my panthers, especially adult male, prefer more open spaces than my veiled. So therefore I keep gaps without foliage and only one or two branches at the top, middle and lower part of the cage.

Back
Top Bottom