is their anything wrong with cross breeds??

No. Unless of course there is something wrong with that individual. But if you do get a cross. They make better pets than breeders. IMO I like to keep the breeders pure. If you know what I mean.
But some of the crosses Ive seen are absolutly stunning. Pure locals cant hold a candle to some of the crosses out there.

my first chameleon was a cross. I never regreated it. what a great pet he was.
his colors was outstanding.

Harry

yeah i understand and i understand people dont normaly want crosses thats why i was thinking of changeing my oreder to one of the new cross screameleons just posted.

thanks and i understand what you mean by breeders a pure breed right?

i think she means as in actually breeding , hence breeders

we do not call them breeds but locales, since it is the same species but minor differences in size and of course color

most panther breeder hobbyists refrain from crossing and "dilute" the pure locale lines as they were in madagascar

their is no health defects when cross breeding

the males will be easy to sell as pets

its the females that are the hard ones to sell since poeple mostly get females in the intent to breed

if you really want to breed, i start with "pure" ones to get a feel if it, since oyu might have trouble finding good homes for the females as much as it is

cross females might take longer

the whole debate about crosses is long and tiring and arguementative by opnion and beleif, use the search function to know what i mean

i personally like crosses, what i do not like is the "extremists" on the subject

Thank you Ace. I didnt want to type all that.:p Yep thats exactly what I mean. Dont paln on breeding your new cross male. He will be a wonderful pet.

i think she means as in actually breeding , hence breeders

we do not call them breeds but locales, since it is the same species but minor differences in size and of course color

most panther breeder hobbyists refrain from crossing and "dilute" the pure locale lines as they were in madagascar

their is no health defects when cross breeding

the males will be easy to sell as pets

its the females that are the hard ones to sell since poeple mostly get females in the intent to breed

if you really want to breed, i start with "pure" ones to get a feel if it, since oyu might have trouble finding good homes for the females as much as it is

cross females might take longer

the whole debate about crosses is long and tiring and arguementative by opnion and beleif, use the search function to know what i mean

i personally like crosses, what i do not like is the "extremists" on the subject

i hear you im getting a cross fem from screameleon because they are harder to sell i get that and im not looking to breed well not yet...

and i understand the local thing now to thats kinda what i ment when i used "breeds" i just didnt know the lingo to use

thank you you are really informative

Thank you Ace. I didnt want to type all that.:p Yep thats exactly what I mean. Dont paln on breeding your new cross male. He will be a wonderful pet.

lol no worries..i know a guy that is actually a breeder for crosses:), his are amazing and whats good about it is that he has the lineage down to percentages , like the kammers:D

and i cna only imagine the whole process of breeding is not that hard, but caring for the female is essential, and when the eggs actually hatch

i hear you im getting a cross fem from screameleon because they are harder to sell i get that and im not looking to breed well not yet...

and i understand the local thing now to thats kinda what i ment when i used "breeds" i just didnt know the lingo to use

thank you you are really informative

no worries man, i dont mind if you do breed with crosses, my suggestion would be from a female that is already a cross and know there brreakdown lineages like the kammerflage kreations and even screameleons

like 25% ambilobe, 13.5% nosebe, and 62.5% sambava, or whatever so people know what they are getting:)

goodluck with your new cham:D

lol thanks so much again i just want to give a cham a really good home and owner i hate when people get a animal love them for a week and get board.... it pisses me off.

lol thanks so much again i just want to give a cham a really good home and owner i hate when people get a animal love them for a week and get board.... it pisses me off.

i feel you man, they treat them as objects/toys, not a living creature with undeniable rights to live properly

when i get a pet its for life, my mom has a turtle when she was young and is still with us!!!!:eek:

im 16, the freakin turtle is 25:eek::cool:, the stories he could tell haha :p

I have a beautiful crossed male. He is an Ambilobe X Nosy Be, I have only had him since the beginning of winter, he is a gorgeous bright fire engine red with bold light blue bars and orange on top and green on bottom plus some white and light blue highlights splashed here and there. I have seen a picture of him in the summer when he turns supposably all bright blue with green and red bars.

lol yeah all animals disserve always to be love because once you bring them into your family they are family not just object.

Don't have to tell me twice! Haha I have 3 cats, one I got out of a newspaper as free to good home from an unwanted litter, he had fallen and it caused him to get a luxating patella. Another, my visiting therapy cat, was from a litter at my boyfriends parents house, everyone had fleas and a URI so I took mama and her 4 kittens to my house and nursed everyone back to health and found homes for everyone, my phineas is the most loving cat in the world(to the point of maybe too much lol), and my newest addition is a little female I adopted from the humane society I work at. She was going to be euthanized last week on tuesday because of IBD but I took her home instead. She is the sweetest little thing.
I have a dog that is also a rescue. She was found running stray in Nashua, NH. I don't know how anyone wasn't looking for her, she is the best dog and was already trained when I got her.
My ball python was abandoned in an apartment and brought into the humane society by the ACO.
My two chameleons were given to me by friends who were unable to care for them anymore and they are very good boys. Leopold loves having his picture taken and is very friendly, and calais is so colorful he puts most other panthers to shame ;):p
And lastly my yellow spotted salamander was found in someone's basement in the middle of winter 2 years ago. He seems very happy in his terrarium, it's a living terrarium and I have earthworms living in the dirt that he eats whenever they pop up.

Oh I also rescued a female veiled chameleon from a petsmart who was going to let her die. They gave her to me because they thought she only had at most a week left to live, and she lived 8 months. RIP Molly.

thats awsome i have a parakeet i got for free from my friend that move he comes to see her when he comes back into town. but she bites =[ working on that a cat that is loving his fat self that my dad got n=but i take care of and a supper hyper dashound about a year old named apollo i was working at the aspca for free and his mom and litter came in and fell in love hes a hand fulll but the best trained and loving dashound i have ever had. and my fav pet was my dashound who live for 16 years died about a cupple years back i was heart broken when i had to put her down i had her when i was 1 and she was a obstical runner i trained her and won in local competition.

what got me into chams was a lizard my ex gf gave me about 3 months ago she didnt want the anole and i took it for her she wasnt taking good care of it she got it from florida and it unfortunetly died 4 weeks ago of natural causes...

and here i am =) i love all animals!!

thats awsome i have a parakeet i got for free from my friend that move he comes to see her when he comes back into town. but she bites =[ working on that a cat that is loving his fat self that my dad got n=but i take care of and a supper hyper dashound about a year old named apollo i was working at the aspca for free and his mom and litter came in and fell in love hes a hand fulll but the best trained and loving dashound i have ever had. and my fav pet was my dashound who live for 16 years died about a cupple years back i was heart broken when i had to put her down i had her when i was 1 and she was a obstical runner i trained her and won in local competition.

what got me into chams was a lizard my ex gf gave me about 3 months ago she didnt want the anole and i took it for her she wasnt taking good care of it she got it from florida and it unfortunetly died 4 weeks ago of natural causes...

and here i am =) i love all animals!!

That's good, people need to be more considerate to animals. Some of the cases I see come into the shelter are just horrible.

Back
Top Bottom